• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan
    It feels like a wave-wandering kind of day. Sun’s shining, parroty-things are chirping away, everyone’s safe and warm and happy. Maybe a couple more bits of the world got swallowed up and things got a little rearranged but all in all, things are going well. Ischia’s been calm and delightfully drama free, and my only real aim has been to keep it that way and keep my family safe. Still, might not be the worst idea I’ve ever had to venture out and see what’s been going on in the rest of the world. It’s so easy to tuck ourselves away on our little island and forget anyone else matters. But I remember the invasion, and I’m not about to be careless with my children’s lives.

Well. That, and after what happened with Kharon, it seems like a good idea to start teaching my youngest how to walk on water early. No near drownings for baby Kali, thanks. So when she’s all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to play, I sneak on up and nip at her shoulder, making her jump and squeak and duck behind her momma. I grin at Lacey and wait for Kali to work up her courage and peek out, and when those angel eyes land on me, she lights up. “Daddy! You spooked me, that was not very nice.”

“Sorry, baby girl, but you’re so cute when you make that little squeaking noise, I just can’t resist.” She bumps her nose against her momma’s shoulder and gives her a little snuggle, then bounces on over to me to cuddle up against my chest. “You wanna go on a little adventure, angel eyes?” I ask, brushing my lips against her forehead. Which works real well, ‘til she jerks her head up to look at me and bonks me on the nose. Or I guess bonks herself on my nose.

“Ow!”

“Careful, angel eyes,” I murmur, kissing her face where it collided with solid, unforgiving iron.

“Sorry, Daddy, I didn’t mean to.” 

“Nah, baby girl, no need to apologize. Just don’t want you getting hurt is all, yeah?” She nods, and I snuggle her close as I glance over at Lacey. “What do you say, Lacey, baby? Can I steal our little Kali girl away for a bit, maybe have a little wander on the water with her?”

My grin’s just about as big as Kali’s when her momma says we can go.

A frolic on the waves is just what we needed, and Kali’s so damn cute, like she’s learning to walk all over again. Her pretty brown eyes go all wide with awe as we walk out onto the water, and she wobbles a little, trying to catch her balance on the moving surface. Still, it’s not long ‘til she’s romping and rolicking with the best of them - me, that is - and racing like mad across the water.

So easy to get carried away, when she’s such a cute little thing. I manage to catch her just before she runs onto a strange shore. “Hang on a minute there, angel eyes. That’s not ours, you gotta ask before you charge on into somebody else’s home. Just like we’d want strangers to ask before they started running around Ischia, right?”

“Oopsies. Yeah, we don’t want stranger danger at home. Sorry, Daddy.”

“Hey.” I tuck her up under my chin and snuggle her close. “No need to apologize, baby girl, you’re learning. Here, let’s see who lives here and see if they’re friendly and might invite us in for a visit, huh?” She nods, and I call out to whoever might happen to be close by. “Hello? Anybody home?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan - by Kerberos - 06-04-2017, 11:05 PM