• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    It seems to be particular talent of his, turning sour natured women on their ears. It’s really not something he had ever practiced much (I mean, why would he? Why would anyone?), more a natural ability. Perhaps it is his perpetually good nature or his careless charm. Or perhaps it’s the nature of his gift, to infuse anyone he might come in contact with with happiness. He hadn’t been doing it purposely, but maybe it’s a bit… leaky?

Hard to say, but whatever it is, he’s damned glad for it. He rather likes teasing grumpy women from their ill humors. There is something very satisfying about it.

Of course, he still has a ways to go here. Shouldn’t count his chickens before they hatch, as they say, and the young and pretty Iset still seems to be a bit on the grumbly side, even if she does appear a bit off balance now. Still, his bright mood is not dampened in the slightest. No, in fact, the mention of her status here in Hyaline serves better to put Fox in an even more gregarious mood.

“Oooo, a queen.” His grin widens a bit as he waggles his brows. Or at least tries too. He’s a horse; hard to say how effective it actually is. “Just my luck, that.”

With a jaunty tip of his head, he turns to continue on his path, undeterred by her stubborn refusal to soften towards him. She’d tag along, and then he’d have plenty of time to work on her. To show her the delights of laughing a bit at the vagaries of life. “No indeed, can’t have that.” He glances briefly back at her, offering her a cheeky wink before turning back to his careful perusal of the newer kingdom.

Finally she seems to come around a bit, going so far as to even sound perhaps the tiniest bit excited for their adventures. Abruptly he turns, offering her a slightly crooked grin as he tilts his head, eyeing her much more openly. “Well, what do you suggest? You know this land better than I, and I want to see allll the sights. Every bit of it,” he ends with a decisive nod.
    Fox

I apologize for the horrendous delay, I fail D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset - by Fox - 07-02-2017, 11:29 PM