• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset
    Iset
    goddamn right
    you should be scared of me
    He never stumbles, never wavers in their journey to wherever it is they are venturing to. This impresses Iset far more than she would expect it to (and far more than she would ever admit to), for it took her quite a few treks into the mountains to traverse it’s surfaces as effortlessly as she did now. His meaningless comments pass right over her head, and though the sound of his curious voice reaches her, her jumbled head has no room to spare to make sense of the words. She stays quiet through his chatter, for once her rudeness unintentional and a mere byproduct of the clustered state of her mind. 

When she stopped in front of him he did the exact opposite, instead leaping in his merry way to take in the view that Hyaline provided. Once there, his happy-go-lucky expression faltered for the first time since they had met and his tone betrayed the confusion and concern that had arisen from the ashes. He turns towards her, but it feels almost as if his gaze goes straight through her. She is so focused, so honed in on the kingdom before them that his sudden movements startle her, and as he makes his way closer and closer to the edge of the cliff she finds some of her old curiosity reaching out to her again, imploring her to figure out what it is that Fox might be doing.

Head cocked, her attention had finally been drawn to something other than the destruction of her home (if she could even still call it that) for the first time since Levi and the other lost boys had intruded. The breath she had been about to take in caught in her chest as clouds gather around them, twisting their icy hands around the pair of them before dropping lower, to envelop the ash that blanketed the land. 

She couldn’t quite figure out what made her stay calm and silent as his power (whatever it was) descended over the land. After all, she had no way of knowing it wouldn’t bring even more destruction to those below. Perhaps it was because he seemed to be the opposite of Levi; Where Levi brought heat, fear, and destruction, Fox brought the cold, joy, and healing.

At least, this was her first impression as she watched a clean, white blanket of snow drape over everything that had been touched by the terror she caused. Tears sprung unexpectedly to her eyes, but she dismissed them as a result of the chilly breeze and blinked them away before they could be seen. 

Realizing that Fox was still focusing hard on the white canvas before them, she watched him curiously, seeing his neck darken almost imperceptibly with a thin sheen of sweat. A pleased smile touches his lips and his eyes fall back to her, making her blush slightly when she realizes she was caught staring. He seems to be awaiting a response, and because of this Iset tears her amber eyes away from his to fully survey the scene before them.

The icy tendrils the wind had carried tied themselves into branches and a trunk, and Iset stared in wonder at the new life that stood as a beacon in the center of Hyaline. “It’s beautiful…” she whispered, unable to force any more words through the tears clogging her throat. She glanced at him, his carefree smile and joyous demeanor infecting her own morose one and a small forgotten smile forced its way to her own lips. 

“You know,” she began, dropping her eyes as she pressed the words from her mouth, “I think I’ll be traveling for a while. Where do you suggest going first?” She kept her words and her tone light, even as the thought of being alone for the first time since she had escaped the Dunes had her stomach in knots.  

I am SO sorry it took me so long, my life has been absolutely insane lately :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset - by Iset - 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM