• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; khari, anybody

if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

All is right.

Sakir has found Beqanna, and therefore has resumed his duties as mediator. He is, perhaps, the sole reason that Amet and Iset do not lunge for each others' throats whenever the siblings bicker. On top of Sakir's return, they have also found a place to call their own - a place that does not look or smell or sound anything like the Dunes once did. It is a place that does not serve as a reminder of their past, and for that, Amet is thankful. It is the one good thing that he has done for his siblings since he ran away from the Dunes without them, and for that reason, he makes sure to always hold on tight.

Iset doesn't play the part of diplomat as well as Amet does, but the dragon king doesn't expect his sister to involve herself in the politics of their land. He doesn't want her to have to, because it's his responsibility to make sure that she and her twin brother are safe and sound in their new home. So when a pleasantly sweet voice calls out through the crisp air of Hyaline, our bronze and gold dragon-scaled stallion tosses his narrow head into the air and immediately heads for the border.

He has learned in this past year that he quite enjoys visitors to the lake. There is no other place in Beqanna that offers the vibrant combination of wisteria, red maples, and cherry trees, and that doesn't include the view of the crystalline lake. The young Akhal-Teke stallion enjoys sharing his home with those who have no ill intent towards his family.

He emerges from between the wisteria boughs, golden scales glimmering in the summer sun as his amber eyes find the trio, all lavender and painted and shiny and winged. Amet can't help but be awestruck by their brilliance, and despite his desire to be the mature diplomat, the young golden stallion greets them with a, "Wow!"

It takes him a moment, but Amet finds himself and offers a warm smile, his ears pushed in the direction of the visitors. "Welcome to Hyaline," he dips his head, "My name is Amet." It hits him, then, that perhaps they had heard what he and Iset were trying to do with this land, how they were trying to turn it into a sanctuary and training grounds for young minds. He tilts his head quizzically and offers them a quiet whicker, "What can I do for you?"

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; khari, anybody - by Amet - 06-09-2017, 10:17 AM