• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; khari, anybody
    let my eyes be the rhythm, let my mind be your freedom

He... wasn't used to being invisible. But he so quickly became that way. Though, he supposed that tended to happen with Kali around. She was gorgeous, and impossibly enchanting with those big, earnest eyes and bubbling excitement. He wondered if this was how Mother felt. With her drab, plain color and dead eyes. Fading to the background where she thought she didn't even matter anymore.

His gut soured. He said nothing as he followed them in silence, trying to tune out their thoughts. An impossible feat. Kali was happy and excited, loving every minute of this adventure. Dad was smug and proud, of course, enjoying his girl that gravitated the attention to her as well as he did. And, naturally, this scaled Amet was fascinated with Kali.

He stayed quiet. Hating the jealousy. Not that their attention was on Kali, of course not. Why wouldn't it be? They'd have to be blind and deaf not to be hanging to her every word as he did. But he was definitely jealous that her attention was not on him. He'd always been the greatest thing to her, the best. Her favorite. But he would never compare to the metallic shine of his father or this other boy, would never have mesmerizing scales to reach out and touch.

Maybe he was as plain as Mother and just didn't realize it.
    He'd only ever known the island, really.

He thought maybe he'd rather be back there now, actually. At least Kylin was there. But he was already here, and he followed them dutifully through this place that had briefly been home before Kali had been born. Where he and his twin had walked and raced across the water. Maybe she was missing him too.

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; khari, anybody - by Kharon - 06-23-2017, 11:06 PM