• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran // heartfire, any
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

In many respects, she and the queen of Nerine are quite similar. Of course, Heartfire’s reach is perhaps subtler, but no less extensive. She enjoys the power, but has never needed the acknowledgement. Not that she would turn her nose up at it of course, but it had never been required. It is fortunate, perhaps, that she and Nayl are on the same team, so to speak. She would hate to see them enemies. She has already been making plenty of those, though truth to tell, most of them would never dare to come forward.

But these are thoughts she keeps well and truly to herself, tucked safely inside her breast. She has never been one to reveal her plans lightly. She has always made certain to keep any conceit in check. It has so often been the downfall of many a great king or queen.

Both a prophecy and warning if ever there was one.

As Nayl approaches them, Heartfire offers her faint nod of greeting before turning her gaze back to the sea. Her attention though, remains upon the spotted mare so recently come to their land. She felt the woman could be a good addition to their home, given the right incentive. And knowing Nayl as she does, she had just offered it.

The conversation had turned between the two, giving her the opportunity to study their interaction. Though her input is largely unnecessary, she adds briefly, quietly, “Such things are a marathon, not a race. A mindset so rarely appreciated.” before subsiding and allowing them to take the reins of the conversation.

She could learn far more silently watching, listening, than she ever would constantly talking.

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran // heartfire, any - by Heartfire - 06-23-2017, 07:00 PM