• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all]
    I stopped into a church I passed along the way. I got down on my knees, and I pretended to pray.

Now the red mare Jah-Lilah was not your typical mare. Her biological clock was not ticking like some, and as a matter of fact four summers had passed since she had blossomed and she had not conceived a foal. Not that she hadn't taken a lover, actually she had had many. Just no babies. Cool with her. Peace and good vibes to all, and all you need is love. She desired no herd, no place in the hierarchy or caste system. She desired no permanent home, and no monogamous mate. Weird-ass. BUT. She was an advocate of open minds and open bodies, it's why the drifter card suited her well. She had many past lives and past lifestyles, and she loved each one as much as the one she loved now. She was already smitten with this new land, as she was whenever she made a new temporary home somewhere. Being a traveler was like always being in the honeymoon phase of a relationship, everything fresh and new, and nobody getting on anybody's nerves yet.

She felt the charcoal boy's presence before she smelled, saw, or heard it. It was heavy soul pressure, screaming and angry. Jah-Lilah was no seer or psychic, but she had been many other things before. A midwife, a soothsayer, a healer, these were just a few titles she had been crowned before. Wytch, demoness, pagan, a few more that were more bitter on the tongue. Jah-Lilah cared for no labels, she'll be whatever she needs to be, titles meant nothing to her. His words came out dripping like honey from his tongue, a stark contrast for how he approached like a thunderstorm. How curious. She offered a cool smile and tossed her dreadlocked mane out of her face and turned to him. "Hey. What's good?" She oozed chill and calm, blinking her emerald eyes lazily. He was pretty good-looking, she liked them big and angry. Ah who the hell are we kidding? She liked them all. He had that dark coat glistening in the sun and she didn't hide her roaming eyes as they assessed him. Well, you know what they say Ms. Jah-Lilah, once you go black, you never go back.

You know the preacher likes the cold, he knows I'm gonna stay California Dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all] - by Dahmer - 06-10-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all] - by Jah-Lilah - 06-11-2017, 07:21 PM
    RE: Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all] - by Dahmer - 06-11-2017, 07:48 PM
    RE: Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all] - by Dahmer - 06-16-2017, 07:41 PM