• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

From the ashes we will rise {Any}

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

Though Ivar is young and a total stranger to battlefield arts, it doesn’t occur to the colt to be cautious. A combination of youth and instinct have resulted in a pristinely carefree attitude toward life – and the dangers that it might pose. He’s not yet pieced together the puzzle of genetics that he has inherited; has not yet given thought to the fact that what-should-be-fellow prey animals fall still in his presence might be anything more than natural wariness on their parts.

His charming smile hides a mouthful of sharp teeth, but it is not a willful deceit.

Ivar is only thinking of what his mother has taught him and of the stories that this stranger might tell of what had brought her here. The tobiano colt is infinitely curious, and the mare with the yellow blaze is no exception to that. He tilts his head curiously as he waits for her to answer his query. She does’nt take exceptionally long to answer, but the hesitation has him wondering. Is she looking for a home?. He’s been sure she was, but perhaps there is some other reason that brought her to the field.

His guessing seems to be in vain when she answers that yes, a home would be nice. Well, he thinks, she didn’t say that she was just looking for a home. Maybe there is more to the story after all. The brown-eyed colt is too well mannered to pry, but he does answer readily when she asks a question of him, eager to share in the hopes that she might do the same.

“I’m from Sylva,” he replies, gesturing with his freckled nose to the north, where the ever-autumn forest spreads in the shadow of the Mountain. “I grew up there,” he adds, a segue to his next question: “What about you? Where did you grow up?” She does not seem terribly older than he is, after all; her childhood cannot have been too terribly long ago.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Nyka - 06-10-2017, 06:27 PM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Ivar - 06-10-2017, 09:11 PM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Nyka - 06-10-2017, 09:24 PM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Ivar - 06-10-2017, 09:37 PM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Nyka - 06-10-2017, 09:46 PM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Ivar - 06-11-2017, 11:07 AM
    RE: From the ashes we will rise {Any} - by Nyka - 06-11-2017, 08:00 PM