• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater
    Stillwater
    He was fairly predictable in his location. This was the only body of water in Sylva worth returning to time and again, worth living at its bank in the dark cavern she blinked to life for him. The very act that brought it all to where they were now, with his son approaching. He was so certain he would never have children. Had been so certain once.

But that damn cave.
    And that damn woman.

Her magic backfires, he would swear it. Never again would he answer that question: What do you want. Not from her. With their luck they'd end up with another, a brother or sister for Ivar, and he was most definitely sure she didn't want that. It would only give her even more reason to hate him.

As if trying to kill her wasn't reason enough.

But here was her son. And here was an easy smile for him, a quiet attachment his father wouldn't even admit to himself. He was solitary by nature. Attachments were rare and inconvenient. They also tended to be incredibly powerful and difficult to ignore, which, naturally, he hated. He had enough things already that felt like chains about his neck, adding a heavy lock to them didn't sound at all appealing. But the fact remained: he was attached to his boy. He hoped it wasn't strong enough to make him want to give his life for Ivar's.

He was still working on the selfless dad thing.
    But not really.
    He'd still rip the world to shreds to protect him, though.

Ivar, he greeted, deep voice smiling and body drenched in their water. Their water? Drenched in his water, smooth and black and slipping down perfectly toned legs. Dark, blue-gray eyes slid to Ivar's companion, his lips spreading in a disarming smile. His supernatural attraction was involuntary, but effective. They couldn't help but be drawn to him, lured in and wanting. It was how the predator catches his prey. She, too, was probably startled by his flawless features and handsome face, though he was carefully disinterested in any reaction to him she might have. She was Ivar's, and here with him still present. That meant no eating.

A friend? but he didn't wait for an answer. Less of a friend would be nicer though. Tastier.
    Welcome, I'm Stillwater. And who might you be? he asked, settling at Ivar's side with an affectionate nudge and nip to the side of his young neck. Even his son's blood was tempting.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater - by Stillwater - 06-12-2017, 10:39 PM