• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm Holding On... [Open]

With a child-like innocence she peered up at his towering stature.  The red of his coat a vibrant shade she hadn't seen before.  His ink dipped edges contrasted well with such a color.  Unlike her he did not bare any ivory markings, nor feathers upon his back.  She hadn't been born with such an array of colors upon hers either.  Feeling his gaze shifting upon the gown she pulled them tightly to her sides.  Conforming to her frame, concealing the secrets they protected...

That's the volcano, that steaming mountain. Come.

Following the redirection of his gaze, her navy eyes landed upon the mountain spewing clouds into the sky.   Her brow cocked in wonder at how a mountain could form the clouds above.  As he moved off she settled easily at his side.  Quickening her pace to keep up with his longer strides.  Winding through the more tropical foilage of the inner island.  Occasionally stopping to view a floral display...

A sudden stop coaxed her to look down at a stream of molted rock.  She could feel the heat burning off it as he warned her of it's danger.  Lowering her muzzle to view it better, the toxic smell filled her nostrils.  A snort fluttered from her nares as her crown lifted sharply.  Seeing the stallion gather himself easily over the flowing liquid.  Her brow furrowed as she contemplated the tasks before her.  In such cases having useable wings would be ideal.  Lifting her wings slightly to avoid their dangling she gathered herself, leaping swiftly across.  Upon landing she looked back to gauge her clearance.  Taking note of any damage to her plumage.  Seeing none her sights landed upon the bay as he questioned her, "I am not from Beqanna.  The fairies brought me here.  They helped me." Looking to the nearing horizon before continuing, "I have been in the commonlands mainly.  The playground and den mainly.  I enjoy children." A smile swept across her cream laced lips as she thought of Fox.  He had been so excited to share his gifts with her.  "Do you have any children?" Her question innocent enough but perhaps out of line...

Soon they were standing at the base of the volcano and she now knew where the sulfur smell had originated from.  Twisting channels of red lava flowing from it's mouth.  The steam curling into the darkening skies above.  The backdropped of the evening set perfectly behind it.  Streaks of orange, pink and yellow as the sun kissed the world good bye.  It was a sight to behold and she smiled happily to having agreed to witness it...

We can go to the shoreline, or...

She dismissed the rest of his question as her thoughts remained upon the promise of seeing more.  Their was a twinkle within the dark of her eyes that even the stars would have envied.  Dished profiled turned to find his, "I'd love to!" The sudden excitement in her voice startled even her.  Casting her eyes downwards in slight embarrassment.  "I mean... I'd enjoy that very much.  If you don't mind," her soft voice more controlled this time.  The pitter patter within the confines of her ribcage quickened.   Having already strained her welcome she didn't want to overstay it too...  

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-12-2017, 06:12 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-13-2017, 01:42 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-13-2017, 09:41 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-13-2017, 10:00 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-20-2017, 07:38 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-20-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-20-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM