• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari
    kharon
    She squeaked in surprise and snuggled into him. It probably shouldn't have felt so good, but he does love to hold his sisters close. She was so much smaller than Kylin, though. Didn't fit to his body quite the same. Both so soft, so beautiful. All three of them. He liked that Kali was different, wasn't just like Ky who was just like him. Ky and him, they'd always be a pair, an attractive match.

She leaned back against him more, lipping sweetly at his wing, and he sighed quietly. His eyes closed, so content, and he nuzzled into her a little more before kissing her cheek and pulling away.

No, he told her, his wings hadn't looked like that, only sticky and heavy. "And covered in gook, like I was when I was born? Ew!" He laughed, and nodded. Yeah, gross. But it hadn't been Mother that cleaned him. Dad had done that, had always been there. Reilly took care of him when Mother wouldn't, or couldn't. He didn't share that with Kali, though. Sometimes Mother seemed like she was trying to be a better mom, and struggling, but trying. He didn't want to ruin her efforts by telling Kali she hadn't been there for him like that.

Maybe Mother was a good mom to Kali, at least. Though, of course he loved her anyway.

Kali scuttled instantly to his side when he lifted his wing, and he draped it around her and pulled her closer, rubbing a sweet little pattern into her forehead with his nose. Then he walked with her and watched her little eyes dart around to all the different things to see. He pointed out a couple different birds and saw her happy eyes light up even more, tugging his smile even wider. Her joy was so infectious.

He felt a little guilty, though. She was bright and beautiful and wanted adventure, and all he wanted to do was hold her and fill her mind like they used to. He was trying to be more distant, trying to listen to Father and not be so close an affectionate with his sisters. Too much love was bad, too much hugging and holding was bad. But it felt so lonely without someone pressed against him. Kylin had always been there, and without her always near he felt like he was constantly bleeding out everywhere like that bone man does. Or did. Wherever he went.

Ugh. This sucked.. Okay, but only for a minute and then he'd take her more places. Really.

He knelt down and tugged her to him. "No, Mother doesn't eat flowers. They're not for eating, silly girl." His voice was warm and affectionate, and he nudged her with his wing a little more, curling it around her little body and pulling her down to him. He was already nuzzling into her again, tickling that little place above her shoulder that makes her giggle. For the first time in a while, he let himself fill her mind with his presence, not quite wrapping around and tangling with her as he used to, but settled and watchful.

I'm sorry I'm quiet sometimes. I have missed you, I just.. Sometimes I'm not supposed to do things. It's confusing. I don't even understand it, but I'm trying. He needed to say the same to Kylin, he still needed to make it right again. Avoiding her was almost easier than seeing her hurt because of him, but he still heard her pain in his head, still felt his own sorrow at their distance too, and he couldn't take it much longer.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kali - 06-15-2017, 01:04 PM
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kharon - 06-16-2017, 01:00 PM