• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tooth and claw; longclaw
    I love the way you rake my skin, I feel the hate you place inside.
    No one has ever made her feel like a possession.
    Like prey.
    Femur was not deluded enough to think herself invincible nor could she tell if his desire was true or not. Did it matter in the end? She supposed not, even if his desire to have her with him proved as false as a lie, the girl knew she would not trade this moment or all the ones leading up to it for all the useless coin in the world. Not that their kind dealt in flashes of gold and silver, but thoughts and deeds, and she valued what was taking place, this subtle alteration of a life groomed as a predator of sorts (or a fanged ghost at the least) to this thing of meek prey that offered her slender throat to him for the taking.

Who are you?
    Whispered a voice in the back of her head to abase herself like so to him?
    That whisper wanted to know where the proud cruel girl of fangs and invisibility had gone. Where is the girl your mother raised you to be?
    Gone, she whispers back, an eldritch smile on her lips as if she is truly possessed and not at all herself.

His lips finds her throat and she can feel her pulse leap there in response. He murmurs his name there, like tucking a secret into the shadow of her neck is as good a place as any but it still reaches her wildly twitching ears (no wilder than my heart! She thinks, giddy in a way that she has never been before). Then - - she feels it! Sharp elongated teeth that belong to no horse but something else. It begins in a gentle scrape that a grip that is both tender and threatening and Femur has forgotten how to breathe in that moment. She is so still! So very very still as if one move would bring him biting down on that precious vein and then… he pulls back. It is over as swift as it had come, though she has no idea how long they’ve stood like this. Minutes? Hours? It makes no difference to her, she basks in the richness of his almost-pant and the way that she has defied him, silent and strong.

Femur can feel him looking her over, coming back to that spot on her neck. She wasn’t even aware of the tiny pinpricks of blood that bubbled there, bright red against her skin. He kisses her there, which surprises her more than anything else so far has and her black eyes find his, searching, mindless of the way her blood looks on his lips - red smeared against the dark blue. She is slow to smile at him; it is fanged, clever. He asks but his asking is like a demand that she cannot ignore. How could she ignore him now that he’s tasted her, tried her even?

Her lips are poised to deliver an answer just as the oak bursts spontaneously into flame behind them. The outward explosion of heat and wood glances off her flanks and as quick as it had happened, there is burnt earth and ash. She turns from the oak to give him a long measured look through the smoke but finds herself crushed to him instead, held fast and tight by his neck and twitching muscles as he mentions he wants her. His provocation was also as surprising as his admission and she could no longer deny him - his patience was spread thin as it is, she could feel it.

Femur pushed her fanged mouth into his shoulder and left a sharp kiss there. She didn’t know how to be kind, and her fangs got in the way of such niceties as kinder kisses that he could command from someone other than her. But she suspected he wanted no such kindness but someone who stood toe to toe with him, pushed back for every inch that he sought to take and give. “I want you just as much.” she admitted, though it cost her nothing to say it - no trembling muscle, no outrageous thump of her heart, just a certainty that emboldened her to bring her fanged mouth up to his cheek and press there as tenderly as a snake’s kiss can be.

“I’ll come,” she promises, held fast to him by something other than his neck and his desire to shapeshift. “I’ll come.” it is more of a gentle murmur the second time around, if only to spare the forest around them from more of his forceful flaming wrath if she thought even to deny him but she couldn’t. Femur knew she was under his spell now and forever.
    Femur

Messages In This Thread
    tooth and claw; longclaw - by Femur - 06-16-2017, 11:43 AM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Longclaw - 06-20-2017, 06:22 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Femur - 06-30-2017, 09:51 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Longclaw - 07-05-2017, 12:38 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Femur - 07-30-2017, 01:57 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Longclaw - 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Femur - 08-28-2017, 12:28 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Longclaw - 08-30-2017, 01:58 PM
    RE: tooth and claw; longclaw - by Femur - 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM