• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Rose in the Rain [diplomats]
    Ever since Offspring had announced the placings of some kingdom members at the last gathering, Thanata had been wondering when Nymphetamine would announce a meeting for the selected diplomats. Apparently, that day was today. Thanata had been grazing peacefully not incredibly far from the base of the volcano. While the air in Tephra was rather humid due to the steam billowing from the peak, Thanata had grown accustomed to it over the seasons she'd spent here. Despite a long mane that kept her neck sweaty the closer she was to the volcano, the mare would just wash herself down with water from one of the nearby rivers.

One that had water in it, at least, considering a few other select ones were filled to the brim with boiling hot lava. Most horses would fear such a dangerous force of mother nature. Thanata did fear it, but not out of the fact that it would take her life. She feared it out of respect, because it could take her life should the opportunity to do so arise.

She had a healthy respect for such a powerhouse, and made sure to keep well away from the lava rivers at all times. Just to expose herself though, to test it out and overcome her fears, she found a small one that could easily be jumped over by a horse of her stature. She'd done so a few times before promising that she'd never do it again unless it was an absolute emergency.

When the black mare heard Nymphetamine's call, knowing it was something important, she immediately stopped her snack break and headed in the direction it came from. Thanata made her way through the dense vegetation that made up a large portion of Tephra's territory before she caught several scents on the air. She changed direction and headed right for them, her eyes taking in those that had already arrived.

Jord, a dark-colored mare like Thanata herself, appearing similar in looks and height though Thanata was just above her. Warrick, a bay stallion that had, according to what she'd heard, recruited a golden mare to Tephra's ranks. Spear and Spark, the twin paints, and finally, Nymphetamine himself. After the majority of them arrived, Thanata remained quiet, allowing the others to have a speaking turn first in response to Nymphetamine's inquiry.

When everyone had said their piece, Thanata finally spoke up, "Before the Reckoning, I was a diplomat for the Tundra. I did not go on as many excursions as I would have liked, but I did journey on a few. I would be comfortable with journeying to whatever kingdom I am assigned to. If there any specifics of what we can offer against what you and Offspring do not wish for me to say, inform me and I will keep it to myself until an alliance has been made."

Messages In This Thread
    A Rose in the Rain [diplomats] - by Nymphetamine - 06-17-2017, 12:23 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [diplomats] - by Jord - 06-17-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [diplomats] - by Warrick - 06-18-2017, 08:38 AM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [diplomats] - by Thanata - 06-19-2017, 12:25 AM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [diplomats] - by Fox - 07-02-2017, 11:38 PM