• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

devil man, yes I can
    It was so easy to get lost in the fog of time and space and what not. Beqanna had been angry, angry at them all it seemed for things that they had done, would do, and might have done. She remembered the way the world seemed to be angry, when she had felt the magic slipping from her bones and her blood back into the ground. She remembered when she had tried to shift, just once and had not been able to. She remembered, but she shied away from the past, away from remembering how her mother and- No. A shake of her head and she pushes it back, pushes back the memories she doesn’t wish to remember.

Time...Time was a fluid thing. She didn’t remember how long ago it had happened. It had seemed only yesterday, days ago maybe, but opening those dark eyes and blinking awake, seeing the world around her and how it had changed made her feel ageless and ancient all at once. It was a struggle to raise her head, to blink her eyes clear so she could see. A colorful array of leaves. Green grass turning yellow. The sound of the river. The warm sun. She lays her head back down, closing her eyes and listens to the sound of her breathing. She feels the air go into her lungs and then back up and out as she exhales. She concentrates on her heart beating in her chest and the way the steady thump-thump-thump grounds her.

The world aligns.
    And Roma wakes up.

It’s easier to roll up, to take a long lingering look at where she was. She studies it all, recognizes none. The meadow she would know. As would the little land where Fa-. Maybe it’s easier that way. She’s grown now, not a filly hanging on every word her parents had said. Nor following her older brother around. She gets to her feet, the long tendrils of her black mane falling across her face as she takes another long steadying look. A wobbly step on her hooves and then another, and another until she brushes her lips against the river. Careful steps down the bank until she could. Another step allows the water to wash upon her legs just over her hooves and she takes another step and watches the water rush past her legs, changing the sky blue coloring darker.

And she waits. Because if she allows herself to remember anything, it’s that someone always comes.

Messages In This Thread
    devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 06:50 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 09:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 10:58 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 11:52 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-19-2017, 02:31 AM