• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

devil man, yes I can

The night is dark...
    “Of course. Your family welcomed me into your home, even...well, even with who I was in those days.”

I smile a bit at that, a wry corner of my lips curling upwards. A small bob of my head telling him my thanks since I am sure welcoming was only a word that he used for Kali’s benefit. I can’t help but smiling at him, a spark of amusement lighting up those eyes of mine. My Father had most certainly not welcomed him into our home. He had let him in because Tycho had wanted him there, not because any of us used to feel an attachment to him. Cocky. Arrogant. Sleaze. Those were all words that I would have used to describe him so long ago. Asshole. Bastard. Those were words Father liked to use when Tycho wasn’t in hearing. And a whole lot of grumbling. Usually followed by…’If he hits on me one more fucking time…’ And a whole lot of Mom doing some soothing.

Especially when Papa and Dad got into it too. Hot damn. It was always fun to see what kind of nicknames they had come up with that day.

Well, that remembering didn’t hurt too bad. Kali’s face presses into my shoulder and I can only smile a small smile as I watch them. She clearly knew how to play her father, but I feel like he is easily played by his daughter. A small head tilt once they were done and I nudge Kali lightly. My head lowering so that I could look steadily into her eye. “Can you promise me that you won’t go back out on the ocean water like that?” My face is appropriately solemn. “When I was little I had a friend who played too deep in the water and a big fish came and ate him. I would sure feel better if you stayed with your Daddy who can stomp those fish big time if they tried. At least not until you are much bigger and can stomp them yourself.” I sigh softly. “I would sure hate to loose my new best friend right after meeting her.”

A nudge of my nose against her. I didn’t have any such friend and there was a good chance that Kerberos knew it. Here was hoping that I didn’t terrify her or her Dad didn’t call me out on it. “The fish was definitely not big enough to eat a big horse, like me or your dad, but a small thing like you? Yeah, I think my friend was just a bit bigger than you are now. So you promise me you will be careful?”

I wait until she promises or I get called out on it before I smile a smile as I look at Kerberos. “Hands on, huh? I see that hasn’t changed much.” But there is no bite to my words, nothing that says I am anything other than teasing him. “Sure Kerberos, I’ll let you give me a ride while Kali tells me all if her favorite things.” A glance from him and then back to her. “Right Kali?”

(You can post the next one in Ischia if you want too love. <3<3)
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 06:50 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 09:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 10:58 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 11:52 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-19-2017, 02:31 AM