• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran

.Terran.

What Heda and Jinju lack in blood, they certainly make up for in attitude. That tell-tale fiery nature is just as strong in the golden girl as it is in my midnight counterpart and I grin mischievously as the crystalline droplets of river water dazzle my pale face. My laugh is robust, legs backtracking a few steps so my wings can unfurl and glitter in the late sunlight. With a few, broad swipes I generate enough wind to disturb the surface of the tumbling liquid and it lashes out at her in great sprays of chilled whitecaps. “If you’re so sure, then prove it.” I challenge, once my playful moodiness has settled. Eagerly, I close the distance between us once more to hold her attention.

“Tell you what,” I drawl, unfurling my neck so my lips can brush away a stray tendril of her telltale mane. “If I see you there during the big moment, I promise to flit away as soon as I can to your Kingdom-of-the-hills for an extended visit.” I wager, a confident smirk etching itself onto my features. She’s busy admiring the scenery, but I’m all eyes on her for this deal. “These wings need room to stretch anyways - Taiga is a bit restrictive.”

I don’t give her time to reply, only time enough to backpedal and release my wings so I can lift myself from the river to hover a few beats while I glare down at her. Mockingly, I stick my tongue out and follow it with a laugh, “See you there, Heda!” echoing against the landscape before I wheel away to soar back to the redwoods.

Back to Jinju.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

Messages In This Thread
    Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran - by Heda - 06-19-2017, 03:26 PM
    RE: Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran - by Heda - 06-21-2017, 10:25 PM
    RE: Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran - by Heda - 06-23-2017, 11:04 PM
    RE: Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran - by Heda - 06-27-2017, 07:34 PM
    RE: Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran - by Terran - 06-28-2017, 10:23 AM