• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Borrowed Peace [Warrick]
    He is a storm of emotion, reeling and spinning so passionately that he feels light-headed. So much had happened, so much is happening – he is at a loss. He does not run, for he knows he cannot outrun anything that his mind feeds him, so he is walking slowly and almost painfully. He could not help but feel as if he had ruined something back in Hyaline, like his presence had stirred something unexpected and unwanted; stirred thoughts of doubt and uncertainty through her, like there was a choice she had to make and it was his presence that caused it. She is so free-spirited and wavering, like the tide against the shoreline. To try to restrain her, to make her choose one way or another – it was impossible and so terribly unfair. He wonders if she felt it, felt the noose close in around her neck that would break her, in the realization that it might very well be impossible to make everyone happy.

It would be easier, simpler, for him to make the decision for her.

His name is on the wind, frantic and distant, hauntingly finding his ears as he heads home. With a snort, vapor leaving his nostrils in a cloud, he lifts his head. “Tang?” he murmurs to himself in confusion, though without hesitation he stops and turns around, searching the thickness of fog and forest for the pale gold of her coat.

When he finds her, he’s unsure how to approach her; because, of course, he isn’t upset with her but he feels awkward. His head is low, ears flipped passively to the side as he moves towards her, the blue of his muscular legs unable to stop until he is before her. His cerulean eyes rove her features, a thin frown forming at the distraught that lingers on the soft angles of her face, shadowing the curve of her cheek. He shakes his head at her, his brow furrowing in confusion as she pants before him; he could nearly feel her heart racing as it pounds in her chest.

“Tang,” he murmurs, his voice terse with concern as he reaches out to run his muzzle against the slope of her cheek, moving to her pale nose to idly brush the darkness of her forelock away from her eyes. He doesn’t need to ask why she’s followed him or why her face is plagued with distress; he knows the reason and with a sigh he closes his eyes, realizing that yet again he has caused pain where there shouldn’t be. “I know you,” he says with a shuddering breath, eyes still tightly shut as he steps forward so that his shoulder is against hers, neck and neck, his muzzle on her withers. “In your absence I have forgotten that you do not grow roots like the trees; you are the ocean, constantly moving and unstoppable.” There is a hint of a smile, even though his words pain him. “My visit reminded me of what I promised you when we first met - roots are not necessary, maybe not ever…

“I will not hold you down. You are bound to no one but yourself. In my selfishness and loneliness, I have forgotten this. Forgive me.”
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

@[Tangerine]

Messages In This Thread
    Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 06-19-2017, 04:09 PM
    RE: Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Warrick - 06-20-2017, 10:01 AM
    RE: Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 06-20-2017, 05:03 PM
    RE: Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Warrick - 06-21-2017, 09:02 AM
    RE: Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 06-23-2017, 02:37 PM
    RE: Borrowed Peace [Warrick] - by Warrick - 06-26-2017, 09:35 AM