• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

I know what it’s like to be the odd one. What it feels like to have everyone staring at you. Sometimes it’s just curiosity, but sometimes it’s mockery or disgust. Those ones hurt. A lot. I should be used it by now, but I don’t think that is something anyone ever gets used to. I don’t mind the curiosity so much though. It’s nice to be special, different. And even nicer to have someone appreciate it, even if it is only in a small, simple way.

So I hadn’t expected my simple teasing offer to be met with pain, but I should have. I, more than anyone, should know better. The flash of pain across features burns my conscious like a cross would a vampire, and I wince internally. Even the small, fleeting smile he offers by way of balm does little to soothe the sudden guilt. But, well, I’d already stuck my foot in my mouth. There’s no taking that back.

My specialty, it seems.

At least he doesn’t seem to take offense at my rather bold question. I know I don’t usually mind questions, but I should have considered he might. I can be a bit thoughtless sometimes. Unfortunately.

Even so, it doesn’t really surprise me when he declines. I still can’t help the sudden flash of disappointment, even if it’s not surprising. When he asks why I would want to know, though, I blink in surprise. I stare at him in wide-eyed confusion for several moments as I struggle to find the answer to that. To be honest, I hadn’t really thought about it. I’d just asked. Finally, I offer a small, equine shrug before saying simply. “Curiosity, I suppose.” But then I glance away. It’s the truth, but there is more of it burning at my lips. “And… I guess it’s just nice to know that… I’m not alone. That there’s someone who could, maybe, understand.”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger - by Giohde - 07-05-2017, 02:20 PM