• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma

The night is dark...
    The tiny bit of that old grin I remember makes me smile in response, and turn my head with a roll of my eyes. I look out at the jungle, at the bright green jungle color that reminds me so much of Papa. I knew he was here, he was so solid, strong, everlasting even when he had been asleep in the Jungle before all this had happened. And then Gran had come along and he had prided himself on sticking with her as she burned. But that was all so long ago, so so so long ago. That was before all of us, before our family melded and merged and became so much bigger.

I sigh, softly, his touch on my shoulder making me turn back around to face him. I tried to keep the earnest expression from my face. I tried to keep from believing him too much, but I wanted to believe what he was saying was truth. So I just smile a bit and nod.

His hug catches me a bit off balance but his warmth feels nice and so I lean into his touch. I smile a bit, stretching my chin out so it rests along his back. I squeeze him tight, just a moment before he releases me. I tilt my head a bit at the loss of his touch and blink the moment away before I can dwell on it too much.

I smile and laugh. “I can’t wait either.” I started to walk again, this time just quietly taking in the sights. I look over his back towards where the water was, where the ocean stretched out behind him until it hit land again on the mainland. “Smart move living on the island.” My mind switching to every defensive thing Father had ever taught me. “Hard to get to without someone seeing you. Father would have agreed with your decision.” Hell, he probably would have been living out here himself.

“Alright Kerb. Show me your home.” I say after a moment. If maybe my shoulder brushed against his now and then, I told myself it was because he was familiar in an unfamiliar place.

...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 06-24-2017, 04:22 PM