• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    Whoops. She’s got that glazed look on her face people get when I’m talking too much and their minds start to wander. I smirk and wait for her to notice the silence, laughing when she finally blinks and looks at me and asks, “What?” Yep, and there it goes, her eyes focusing back on me as she catches up and realizes I asked her a question. “Sorry, Kerberos. It’s habit.” And because I like the way she’s decided to use my whole name, and maybe a little bit because of that saucy little wink, I grin and shrug and keep on walking.

“No big deal, babe, you’re hardly the first to tune out my ramblings. Though I’m at least partway convinced Kali actually listens, which, be still my shiny metal heart. Mind, I’m sure there are times it’d be better if she were paying a little less attention, but you can’t have it both ways, can you?” Well. A smirk creeps onto my face. Some of us like it both ways, actually. I snort and nod inland. “Here, this way, we’ll--”

“Hey!” Ohhh, Kali’s cute when she’s grumpy. She stomps over and scrunches up her face, her dark brown angel eyes narrowing as she huffs out a breath and glares at me. “Did you start the tour without me? Daddy! I said I’d be right back! Lickety split, I said, didn’t I? Didn’t I, Miss Roma? You didn’t tell her about the glowy water already, did you?” She looks between us, and then her lips purse and she stomps again. “You did! Daddyyyy, you were s’posta wait! You’re a bad waiter.”

I grin and wink at her. “Damn right, angel eyes. Know what, though? I didn’t show her the glowy water. Maybe you can stay up and do that part, huh?”

Her eyes light up, all wide and eager. “Really? Up late late? You promise?”

“Promise. If you can stay up, you can show her the glowy water tonight.” And just like that, she’s chipper again, bouncing over to Roma and reaching up to bump the top of her nose against Roma’s chin. Tucking herself right up against Roma’s chest and snuggling, a happy little smile on her face. All’s right with the world, just like that. That’s my girl.

“I can, I can! I’ll stay up all night long, and we can splash in the water, and it’ll be such great fun! And then we can have a sleepover, and snuggle in the moonlight, okay? Doesn’t that sound like the best thing?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 06-26-2017, 08:28 PM