• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Seeking An Alliance (Ruan)
    When Ruan came into view and joined the golden stallion to hear what he had to say, Aten was mentally prepared to inform the spotted one of his plan to go visit some of the other kingdoms to ask to form an alliance with the Taiga. But when he saw the condition of the kingdom's leader, how his body was covered in sweat, he hesitated to voice his own plans.

What in the world had Ruan been doing that he was in this kind of shape? It was obvious he'd been exerting himself, possibly through physical exercise or the like, but had he run himself into the ground? Aten had seen his dam's friend Raxa when she did a lot of running and not even she looked like this. Though, perhaps because she was more used to it since she ran every day.

Aten wanted to ask his leader if everything was all right, but held it back for now. If it was a problem Ruan wanted to discuss, he'd tell him. So, instead, Aten went on to tell the stallion of his plan, albeit changing some words around to avoid making it seem all about him. A sly invitation for Ruan to tell Aten what was bothering him, but only if he picked up on it.

"I was thinking the other day, Ruan, about a conversation you had with me and Jinju a while back when she returned from a trip to the Field." They both knew what that trip had to have been about, but neither of them would say anything out loud. "I remember you had requested for Jinju and myself to take a trip to another one of the kingdoms to see if they would perhaps join in an alliance with us.

"It has been some time since then, and I figured it would be good to journey there now to talk to the leaders. Offer what Taiga had in exchange for an alliance and see what they have in return. But, now, with Jinju carrying her foal, I do not think it would be the safest route for her to take. I will not fight against your decision, if you decide to let her go, I just thought I should voice a worry I think we both have.

"If you trust me enough to journey outside the Taiga to a kingdom of your choosing, I would be glad to go there and propose an alliance between them and the Taiga. I will follow your orders and be proud to help the kingdom gain the allies it needs," Aten told his leader, waiting patiently once he was finished to see what Ruan would have to say to that.

Messages In This Thread
    Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Ruan - 06-22-2017, 11:25 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Ruan - 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-28-2017, 12:02 PM