• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Seeking An Alliance (Ruan)
    Aten remained silent as Ruan began running through options, not offering an opinion or specifics when the spotted stallion talked about how they should visit other kingdoms and his hesitance to form alliances. It seemed those were statements directed more toward himself than the golden stallion who had asked for permission in the first place. It was not until Ruan fully had a plan in mind that Aten really began to listen, gauging what his leader had to say regarding this important matter.

With permission, Ruan gave Aten the order to go to Nerine as was the original plan. But, true to his alliance hesitance, he requested for the golden stallion to get to know the kingdom first, see who lived there and so on. To put it in simpler terms, this was more of a reconnaissance journey, rather than seeing if a kingdom would accept an alliance to begin with.

Aten could see good reason behind Ruan's directions. When kingdoms offered alliances, they often had something to offer each other. Before the Reckoning, when the Falls still existed, it had a magical waterfall and river with healing properties. It was a powerful tool to offer during negotiating. Now, with the Taiga, there was nothing like that to offer. Yes, the kingdom had its merits, like its dense forests with ridiculously tall trees that provided a hiding spot for those who knew this land, and a confusing puzzle for those who didn't. It formed a practically impenetrable barrier, and by the time the enemy would've reached the other side, the Taigans would've been ready to strike. There was also the matter of the wolves, a predator that any wise horse would fear. Even Aten found himself uneasy around them sometimes, even if he'd grown use to their presence. Instinct, he guessed, but he wouldn't trade it for the world.

There was also the fact that Taiga was still a growing kingdom. Though it had a fair number of horses living here, it was not near enough to be a respectable fighting force against possible threats. True, there were some gifted living here, and other experienced fighters, but would another kingdom really want to align themselves with Taiga if it seemed pathetic in their eyes?

Aten listened to the last of Ruan's words; a warning, to watch those he put his trust in and to listen moreso to their actions. Aten seemed like a trusting being, but in reality, such a gift of his was rarely given out. The only reason he'd given it to Jinju and Ruan was because they'd accepted him without many questions, saying he was worthy to be here. He didn't fault them for their caution, but it seemed they didn't have any qualms about taking him in. They'd taken care of him, given him a home. How could he not place at least some trust in them?

Knowing how big the task ahead of him was, Aten dipped his head to Ruan, showing he understood, "I will take great care when I visit Nerine on behalf of your kingdom Ruan. And know that I will be cautious of those I come across to see if they are trustworthy or not. When I return, I hope I will bring nothing but good, if not acceptable, news for you. I will take some time to prepare myself, my spiel, so to speak, so that when I arrive at Nerine, I will be ready. I will not let you down."

Messages In This Thread
    Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Ruan - 06-22-2017, 11:25 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Ruan - 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance (Ruan) - by Aten - 06-28-2017, 12:02 PM