• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

deep roots are not reached by the frost - any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Tang rests her shoulder against his so casually and so normal that it catches Amet off guard. He's unsure how she doesn't seek to blame him for the injury upon her leg, and wonders sometimes if she is just good at hiding it. He creeps unbidden from the dark corners of his mind, blossoming into an unpleasant memory until Tang gently agrees with his statement. Amet gives her a small smile, amber eyes lingering on the Tang's face for an extra moment before they happen upon the black and red mare.

She doesn't ascribe to Amet's enthusiasm, making the dragon king's lip twitch into a momentary frown before his polite smile forces its way back on. The leather plated stallion can see His disapproving face, pushes it back down, "Please excuse my assumption," Amet offers warmly to the disinterested mare, forcing himself to play the part of the diplomat while all he wants to concentrate on is the absence of Tang's shoulder where it had been sixty seconds ago.

A large shadow falls over them, misshapen in the sun, before it becomes the frame of a buckskin mare. Her blue wings spread wide and her similarly-colored legs land her flawlessly upon the rolling hill, greeting he and Tang with a confident stance. "Heda, it's a pleasure. I am Amet, King of Hyaline." His amber eyes study her as her own flick to appreciate the territory that she has come to rule. The gilded Akhal-Teke doesn't rush her -- that sort of pride is familiar to him, even now, when half of his land lies in ruin.

When the Queen's eyes return to Amet, he flutters a pricked ear towards her. Heda's question is straight forward, and expected. Even in his youth, he has learned that it is most beneficial to be confident, prepared, and politely blunt when in unknown situations. "We are also a new territory, born at the same time as Loess," he gives her a pleasant smile before looking to Tang, and then back. "I wanted to offer well wishes, and we thought maybe we'd be lucky enough to find some potential friends," he says with a shrug.

Amet moves his amber eyes to the black and red mare just as she speaks tersely to Tang. The leather-plated boy resists pursing his lips, instead letting his tail flick harshly against his hocks, bright eyes turning to his painted companion. He knows not to speak for her, and that she will hold her own if there is any need to, so the Akhal-Teke simply gives her a small nod before turning his attention back to Heda.

He's unsure of Nerine's current relationship with Loess, but he can't imagine they have done anything to incur Nayl's wrath so soon into their history, and the young dragon king sees benefit in opening new doors. "We are working to create a safe haven for young horses, with assistance to find new kingdoms for them when they reach age six. Maybe in the future, you and I can discuss plans to help each other out. I'm sure you have a specific vision for Loess that you would like to see," Amet says with bright eyes.
    Amet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: deep roots are not reached by the frost - any - by Amet - 06-27-2017, 07:49 PM