• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart - any

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

To be honest, I don’t actually swim all that often. But it can be fun. And I’ve never taken a moonlight swim either, so this would definitely be an experience. Frankly, I am not one to pass up experiences. Sometimes I could perhaps do with a bit more fear. But then, how does one live life to the fullest?

So, tossing Thorunn a wide grin, I wade into the chilly water. The night air is already cool and the rippling water of the river even colder. Cold enough that it causes me to suck in a breath as a splash deeper. But I force the breath out as I slosh through until the water reaches my shoulders. Then, squeezing my eyes shut, I duck my head under the rolling surface.

A moment later, I resurface with a gasp and a delighted laugh. Turning, I shake my dripping head, water spraying everywhere, before fixing my odd gaze on my new friend. “Well? What are you waiting for? It’s perfect!” I exclaim enthusiastically with another short, bright burst of laughter.

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-22-2017, 06:10 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 06:42 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 11:21 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-23-2017, 07:40 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-23-2017, 03:39 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-28-2017, 12:54 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM