• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're a fireracker, aren't you sparky? noct, nayl, any.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Nayl has her lips pressed idly against Isobell’s poll when one of her darling creations flutters to her shoulder. With residual feathers that littered the beach, she concocted her own small bird that roamed the sky searching for foreigners so she did not have to exhaust herself at the borders. Most days, Nayl enjoys stalking the shoreline with her daughter shadowing her, teaching her of the other lands and everything else she has learned in this new Beqanna. They are a beautiful sight, really, but their eyes both blaze with an inner fire that can never truly be tamed. Although close, they often mirror each other’s sass with similar retaliations punctuated by small bouts of laughter.

The bundle of feathers settles on Nayl’s withers, hopping and turning its head in the direction of the strangers. With a sigh, she glances down to her daughter. ”You stay here. Last I need is someone deciding to hold you hostage or use you against me,” a feeble grin treads lightly across Nayl’s lips before she turns and slips away.

From afar, she follows them. They travel aimlessly along the shoreline with their eyes darting curiously in every direction. She is a lioness, cloaked by the tall grass and the trees, sidling along hills and dunes until they’ve drawn to a complete stop. Three of them. Mother, child, and stallion. Nayl hardly hesitates, moving towards them with whispered footsteps and an ignited stare. ”You can begin by introducing yourselves,” she answers in an almost languid drawl, measuring them with suppressed curiosity, ”and telling me why you’re here.” She isn’t malicious although she also isn’t amicable. Bypassing small talk and pleasantries, Nayl immediately funnels their conversation to what ideally matters most.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a fireracker, aren't you sparky? noct, nayl, any. - by Nayl - 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM