• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're a fireracker, aren't you sparky? noct, nayl, any.
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

A faint glint of humor lights her gaze at Nayl’s aside to her, at the truth of those words. It seems Nerine has been placed in the position of accepting many horses, new and old, spit out by the sea. It’s curious though, that she cannot see much beyond that. That the pair of horses crawling onto the bloodstained sands of the beach are as far back as her unique sight leads her. Very curious indeed.

Nothing before has severed her sight in such a way, a fact which had been the initial impetus for her approach.

But her interest is further piqued by the roan mare’s mention of the Desert. She had been born to the Deserts, so there is a particular connection there that is hard to deny. But that they do not know of Beqanna’s fall, of her reshaping, combined with their curious lack of history that she can divine, leads her to only one conclusion. They are not of this world. More specifically, it seems they had risen from death, from the underworld.

Of course, without asking directly, she could have no way of knowing for certain, but she has never been given to self doubt.

She does not bother to interject as the conversation continues, as Nayl provides the answers they seek before introducing herself - introducing the land they have inadvertently entered. Finally, when a brief pause settles over the group, she inserts herself neatly into the exchange once more. “You certainly have stumbled into what I’m sure seems a strange new world.” Glancing between the stallion and mare, she quirks her brow in a rather questioning manner. “A few history lessons would not go amiss, I think. Don’t you agree?”

The mild, offhand offer is anything but benevolent, though that is something they would no doubt learn in time. Especially if they elected to take her up on it.

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a fireracker, aren't you sparky? noct, nayl, any. - by Heartfire - 07-16-2017, 09:47 PM