• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Canaan)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She has never found shame in using intimidation as a tactic for subduing her enemies. Indeed, when one is as physically delicate as she, it is necessary. With her narrow shoulders and refined features, she is hardly any physical threat to anyone. She does not have the bodily strength to win out over a stallion like Canaan without using her wiles to back her up. And in his case, given his own rather impressive abilities, she really had no alternative. She is not fool enough to believe he would have come (much less stayed) by his own volition.

Frankly, she is being far too kind, given the situation. Of course, her aim has never been to hurt him. Not that she would hesitate to do so were he to give her reason. She is not a fool, and no threat is believable if one does not also have the will to back it up. He is clever enough to see through any such guise, and she is neither good nor pure enough to offer any such thing.

So he is stuck with her petty feminine intimidation. Really though, typical male to think she might be able to level any other way.

A this point however, it seems they are at a draw though. Who could wield their power more quickly? As a betting woman however, she is more than willing to take the risk that he has no desire to see whether he could blow her off a cliff before she could turn his internal organs to dust. She is a rather quick draw, after all.

It seems though, that he is finally coming to terms with his situation. Still, he does seem to be digging into the very dregs of his argument to come up with a reason she might let him go. He really should give her more credit. “I’m well aware,” she responds easily, without hesitation. “Why don’t you let me decide whether it is a waste of my time or not. Besides, if the point were to draw your mother to me, I would have chosen a much more effective method.” No, the longer she could keep Canaan here without Ellyse’s notice, the better. It would make the ultimate confrontation all the sweeter.

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Canaan) - by Heartfire - 07-01-2017, 11:17 PM