• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Playing with fire - Terran, Ruan?, any?

.Terran.

The time spent traveling between the Forest and Taiga is well-spent, in my mind. I begin to remember why Jinju had such a hold on me, why I was initially drawn to her after so many years of cold, awkward withdrawal. Around her I don’t feel a need to be anything but myself and besides, she’d been taken with me before the wings had even come around. She was far more golden on the inside that I would ever be on the outside. Our ambling pace is good for me, after being so long above ground. I can feel a slow ache winding up my legs and settling into my haunches, chest. We happen to mirror heights so the action of draping my wing across her causes me no discomfort or uneasiness. We were past the point of being formal, I would think.

It’s when we come to the river that we stop, Jinju sliding out from underneath my protection so easily that it leaves my underfeathers a bit cold, so I tuck the open wing close once more to watch her with a warm smile. She’s soon to be in her element here. I can already see the change visibly in her body, her eyes, as she tips her head back to draw me in with that captivating gaze. She won’t wait for me, but she doesn’t need too. I’ve already spread my wings wide once more, sent them in a strong, downward motion, and lifted myself a few feet into the air so I can flap easily above the surface of the river to meet her on the other side.

“No going back now.” I laugh, landing squarely while the backdraft from my descent sends a litter of newly-fallen autumn foliage away from us. From here, I happily let her take the lead while we wind blindly from path to path. It smells ancient here, from horse to predator and beyond, something like a great house where those who were accepted came and went as they pleased - but those who were not, never dared to enter. I’m not sure yet where I’ll be placed; friend or foe, but I’ll come back even if I’m not met with open arms. I sidle alongside her then, a silent strength while my bone-bare face peers out into the wilderness. “Hmm. Not as scary as I was expecting.” I muse, the primaries of my closest wing tracing a gentle pattern over her ribs absentmindedly while we wait.

“Oh Daaaaad!” I yell then, letting the call waver for a moment before bursting into a rolling laugh. It’ll mortify her, I’m sure of it, but what was there to fear? Some old, probably black, stallion? “Dad we’re hoooome!” I scream a little louder, unable to stop myself from dissolving into chuckles and gut-wrenching snorts.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran, Ruan?, any? - by Terran - 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM