• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? warrick
    The duo moves swiftly on the outskirts of Tephra, Warrick’s eyes large with concern as they make their way to a singular stream of freshwater that cuts through the thick and dense foliage that surrounds them. The bay stallion is unsure if he is to let the young bronzed stallion physically cross into Tephra, knowing that despite his knowledge of Amet, Offspring might not enjoy a stranger roaming through his kingdom. Warrick is still learning how diplomatic duties work, and he would hate if he caused tension based on a new acquaintance. But as the two begin to walk together, Warrick realizes that he is smart to have let the stallion speak – the news he brought would be necessary for all of Tephra to be aware of.

Warrick halts at the stream’s soft bank as Amet voices his gratitude, and allows the stallion to nourish himself in the cool waters. He waits patiently, his tail swishing at his hocks and lips twitching – worry was slowly overcoming him and his heart rate increases with anxiousness. What has happened?

His blue eyes widen as the words leave Amet’s lips, the slightly defeated look on his metallic features looking out of place. His blue legs bring him a few steps towards the stallion, his brow furrowing and shading his eyes. “Attacked?” he blurts in a whisper as he repeats Amet’s words, foreign and unfamiliar on his tongue. He begins to panic slightly at the mention of Tang, though the only outward representation of his frantic thoughts are the slight shift in his weight as he compels himself to stay here and not run immediately towards Hyaline. The bronze stallion reassures him that Tang is quite alright (of course she is, she wouldn’t let something like this take her down) and with a long exhale, Warrick feels himself relax slightly.

“Amet,” he says smoothly, a voice meant to reassure and soothe. He knew it had not been easy to decide to come here and admit an attack on his home, especially with Tang involved…but Amet and Warrick were a lot alike, and the bay stallion knows he would have done exactly the same. “You know that she makes her own decisions, despite what we wish she would do. Like you said, she is fine. You have kept her safe. You have done your duty.” Warrick slightly dips his head once to him in respect.

“Amet, I appreciate you coming all the way to Tephra to tell me this. I will let Offspring know. We need more patrols, on the borders…” His voice trails off as his heart beats rapidly in his chest, lifting his gaze to quickly scan the boundaries that lie right next to them. Ellyse. He needed to tell Ellyse, too. With a snort he brings himself back to Amet. “Can you tell me anything about that night? Anything that might be of use for us, in case these people decide that this is not a one-time attack?”

“Once my kingdom knows of this occurrence and if my presence is not needed, I will make my way to Hyaline as swift as the river.”
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

@[Amet]
    -chest bump-

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? warrick - by Amet - 06-23-2017, 09:00 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? warrick - by Warrick - 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM