• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come And See If You Like It (Giohde, Any)

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

The trip from field to Taiga is not a long one. Indeed, I’m just feeling as though my muscles have barely warmed up when we reach the banks of the river separating forest from kingdom. My odd, curious gaze jumps here and there, ever seeking, ever watching. I’ve been along this edge of the forest a time or two, but I’ve never ventured across the waters. I’ve never been a terribly adventuresome sort, happy with my quiet little life in forest and meadow. A few friends here and there, a belly full of grass and a place to lay my head was all I needed. The only thing that had been missing was any sort of permanency. In a life like that, all the good sleeping spots are always taken, and one can never be sure where one might end up at any point during the day.

I crave normalcy, and that is what had led me to the field. To seek a home amongst the varied kingdoms of Beqanna.

And now, here I am, sloshing my way across the shallow river into the outer edges of Taiga. A small, unconscious smile lights my features as I peer curiously, one ear tipped to listen to Aten’s words. I grin, my gaze jumping to him as I shrug my shoulders (at least, as well as any equine can shrug their shoulders). “Oh, it’s just a river,” I quip brightly. “I’ve been through much worse.”

Then he is offering to show my around and I nod vigorously, my amber eyes shining brightly. “I’d love to see… Oh, hello.” I drift off distractedly as my gaze catches upon a dark figure emerging from the trees. An obviously very, very pregnant figure. Oh dear, she does rather look like she is about to pop at any moment.

I’m a bit distracted, so it takes me a moment to realize she had offered me a greeting and is asking me a question. “Oh, well, thank you. Yes, I suppose that I am. I’m Giohde, by the way. It’s very nice to meet you.”

I pause for a moment, staring at her with what I imagine is a rather quizzical expression on my face. “Shouldn’t you, er, be resting, or something? I mean, well, er, that’s not to say… but that just looks rather exhausting.” Cutting myself off, I offer her a rather sheepish look. I’m usually not so tongue-tied or, well, rude. I guess today is just a rather off day for me. Or maybe I just haven’t met enough pregnant horses.

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come And See If You Like It (Giohde, Any) - by Giohde - 06-29-2017, 05:15 PM