• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ivar;

He remembered her! Azar, daughter of a bear, he said. And her smile widened, her eyes brightened in delight. "Oh, yes! That's me! You do remember!" Daddy would not be pleased if he found them, but perhaps he was busy watching the borders as he usually did. Or busy fishing; he did love fishing.

Her expression dampened just a little at her next thought. He'd remembered her name, but... she can't for-the-breath-of-butterflies remember his. Oh, she was terrible! And she blushed again, held quiet a few moments more as she tried to recall that tricky thing of a name. His scent, his face, his color, she knew those easy, but how to address him was long lost in time and memories and the life of a wild little thing like her.

"I came to see you, before," his voice splashed in her thoughts, rippled across green eyes as they met his again. She peered at him curiously, certainly not remembering another visit with him, but he explained that absence in her memory with his next words. "Someone stopped me, but I wanted to see you." A pink blush colored her cheeks, and her eyes fell shyly to her feet for a moment. "Did you know?"

Her face felt so hot when she quietly shook her head, carefully raising her eyes after a long moment to peek through thick lashes. "No," she followed with in almost a whisper. Oh, right! Had to be quiet. That, too. But, also wow. She'd never had anyone want to see her before. That felt so good, so warm and comforting in some way that she thought she might want to feel again one day. It would definitely be nice if he wanted to see her again after this night, too! But why would anyone want to stop him? And so she asked, voiced that thought aloud, pretty brows knit in confusion. "Why would anyone want to stop you?"

It was getting terribly late though. Daddy might worry. Oh! Or come looking for her. Oh, that would not be good at all.

"Um. I should... Probably go, I think." She was surprised by how badly she didn't want to. She'd only just found him again, perhaps the only person besides her Daddy that might know her name. And the king, of course. He probably knew it as he knew all his people. Probably. But if she left, would she ever see him again? "Will you - Do you think you'd..." If she could blush any more, it would certainly be darker now with all her fumbling.

"Will I see you again?" she asked instead. She still hadn't remembered to ask his name again. Tricky things.

Messages In This Thread
    Ivar; - by Azar - 06-29-2017, 05:33 PM
    RE: Any; - by Ivar - 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM
    RE: Any; - by Azar - 07-28-2017, 03:01 PM
    RE: Ivar; - by Ivar - 08-18-2017, 12:35 PM
    RE: Ivar; - by Azar - 08-20-2017, 08:50 PM