• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

Circinae had been so enraptured by the envoy that the soft bump of a tiny body against her own startles her momentarily. With a snort and the sharp turn of her head she glances down to where the black-and-gold colt stands hesitantly, a single eye narrowing towards the mischievous escapee. There’s nothing to worry about though, and that feeling is confirmed when one ear twitches behind her to catch the sound of familiar footsteps retreating into the heart of the wood. Curious little Ander is very safe with the shifter and his eagerness for excitement twists a reluctant smile on Circy’s lips. Who was she to deny a child’s innocent eagerness?

“Ander here is only one of the few colts we have wandering around this season, though I daresay the nosiest.” She teases lightly, lipping that irresistibly adorable tuft of golden forelock between his handsome ears. With a cheerful grin her own eyes rise once more to clash against the sparkling mahogany of Fox’s and she decides, with little hesitation, that this meeting was better off spent walking. “Please, come in and have a look around. Ander, would you like to lead the way for us?” She tempts, turning aside from the two of them with a glance in the foal’s direction. Fox will join of his own accord, she has no doubt of that - the shroud of mystery Ruan had overshadowed the redwoods in drew interest from all sides. They were (as far as her limited knowledge can recall) the only kingdom still unshackled to another, and lacking formal positions at that.

A curious oddity that thrived without order or a so-called King.

In the gilded winter sunlight the redwoods seem especially stately, as if they had prepared for the viewing of an outsider. Their impressive girth and height still dazzled Circinae, and she had lived here longer than any other place, but with the tendrils of white snow to give them a crisp look and the heady scent of pine and sickly sweet sap to complete the picture Circy reasons that Fox couldn’t have picked a better day to visit if he’d tried. Their going is easy, muffled by layers of ancient moss and tree droppings. “We live private lives here, all of us.” She begins, matching the roan step for step, “With no pressure to jump rank our numbers grow steadily, though I doubt the rate is comparable to powerhouses like Nerine or your own Tephra.”

“Still,” She speaks, rolling her shoulders politely in her companion's presence, “it encourages a deep loyalty to the land and sense of camaraderie among the members who choose to stay of their own accord.” The bicolored mare explains while they stroll. “Don’t mistake our quietness for weakness though!” She warns lightheartedly, “The forest is rich in her own secrets.”

Ander, doing his part with the austerity expected of a child tour guide, draws her attention for a moment and the little wolf calls out to him, “Ander! What’s your favorite part of the Taiga?”

Circinae

ooc: woah woah woah ... where did all this muse come from?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any - by Circinae - 07-08-2017, 02:53 PM