• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    “Not a fox, just named after it, much to my disappointment,” he responds easily to the gold and black colt with a bright laugh. Though his mother had named him thusly due to the uncanny resemblance, he couldn’t claim any true kinship with the creature. The grin is still wide upon his lips as he turns his attention back to the pretty mare, who just happens at that moment to have her attention on the colt, teasing words upon her lips. He rather likes her easy familiarity with the boy, the closeness they all seem to share. “Hey now!” he exclaims, though his tone is filled with humor rather than affront. “Don’t knock nosiness! I have to admit to being rather guilty myself. Gets things done, I say.”

He offers Ander a sly, rather conspiratorial grin along with a faint shrug of his shoulders. He could relate to the boy, he had been much the same not so long ago himself. Still is in many ways. So much so that when Circinae offers to show him around, he all but leaps out of his skin. Needless to say, he accepts the offer with some amount of alacrity.

As they move out, following in the wake of the colts hot little footsteps (literally), he listens attentively to Circinae’s explanation of the general workings of Taiga. Or at least, as attentively as a young stallion otherwise preoccupied by excitement and the thought of new discoveries can be. Still, what he does hear is fascinating, and he cannot help but be intrigued.

“That sounds incredible,” he comments during a brief lull in her explanation, his amber gaze shifting to offer her a brief, curious glance. “I have to say, being a powerhouse is overrated. It’s great, don’t get me wrong. We’re strong and everything, but everyone is so focused on work that there seems to be no time for fun.” The last is said with a slight moue to his lips.

After a moment though, he seems to come to his senses. With a wry glance towards the wolf woman and a short laugh, he admits rather freely, “I’m really not very good at this, am I?”

Fortunately he is quickly distracted by the offer of the beach, a place that sounds both interesting and beautiful, despite any lack of true description. With an animated little hitch in his step, he interjects, “Ooooo! The beach sounds brilliant.” With a decidedly boyish grin curving his lips, he turns his bright gaze to Circinae. “Yes! Can we? Please?” he asks in a rather teasingly impish tone.
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any - by Fox - 07-16-2017, 10:21 PM