• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You make my heart beat like the rain;
    tangerine
    face to the sun

Tangerine moves in a cloud of snow as she canters across the field. Her young legs churn the white flurries around her and she makes slower progress than usual, but this doesn’t bother her. Tang is rarely in a rush. She is not surprised when she spots a night dark mare, grazing quietly not so far away and she slows to a loose walk to go and greet her.

As she approaches she gives the mare a friendly nicker, as not to surprise her. The snow crunches under her hooves and Tangerine gives a shake of her black mane to loose the flakes which rest there.

It was not so long ago that Tang stood in this field, excitement making her nearly giddy, waiting to see who would come. She had left her home and family for the sake of someplace new a little over a year ago, and oh, what beautiful places and people she had discovered in-between now and then.  

But by the time she reaches the girl, someone else is there too.
    “Hi, I’m Tang.” She says to them both, her face open and readable. The gold and cream colors of her painted buckskin coat contrast warmly against the chill winter night. She thinks of Hyaline and the shelter of the wisteria trees by the turquoise lake, the air always seemed to be warmer down by the waters. She gives the newcomer a moment to answer before continuing: “I’m heading back to Hyaline now, it is a kingdom for the young and if is a beautiful place too.” Well, the parts that aren’t burnt, she doesn’t add. But come spring, life would prevail and the brilliant colors of spring would spring from the ashes. And there was still the entire western side of the kingdom left untouched. If the girl decided to come with her she could tell her the story of the fire as they traveled.  

Messages In This Thread
    You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Tangerine - 07-06-2017, 08:21 AM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM