• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You make my heart beat like the rain;

In many ways, Nova is still a child. Like a new star that first appears in the night sky and begins as nothing more than a faint blue white glimmer. Softly at first, the light is no more than a faint twinkling, a soft pale blue glow against the midnight black skies. With time and over the course of years, this faintly glimmering star will grow and strengthen until like the others, its light shines bright and full of purpose... A sign of hope and reassurance to those who wander the earth below. Nova is like this star. A tiny glimmer standing picturesque on the moonlight fields... But in time... In time... She would burn bright.

Movement to her left catches her peripheral attention. Small cupped ears flicker to attention amid the windswept tangle of her mane. Chiseled fascade turns to allow pale silver blue eyes to meet the eyes of the stranger. And strange he is, at least, in her innocent, naive eyes. Sure she had seen horses come to Paraiso with a myraid of colorful wings or strangly curved horns, but never one that looked quite like he did!

He moves towards her, his gruff baritone a welcome break to the silence that had built itself up around her. Nova cannot help but to stare at his painted black and white coat as the moonlight glints off each scale in much the same manner it gleams upon the rippling ocean's surface. He moves with purpose, his long legs lifting high to plow through the deeper drifts of snow. It is a sight that would make any mare pause in admiration and Nova is no different. Though young, even she can appreciate the powerful muscles that ripple beneath his shimmering skin.

He stops a respectful distance from her, his own ears perked amid the dark tangles of his black mane, trained much as his eyes, upon her own. He offers her a name, Ivar. Strong, fierce, and yet somehow befitting of the handsome strangely scaled stallion. She smiles at him, a smile caught somewhere between girlish innocence and genuine shy friendliness. He inquires about her newness, giving renewed life to the buried thoughts that she stuck out here like a sore thumb. She blinks up at him, her mouth parting to reply when another appears.

A friendly nicker replaces her own voice as Nova's soft eyes turn from the scaled stallion to the bright eyed painted buckskin mare. She stops before them, like Ivar keeping a respectful distance between them to prevent immediate feelings of ill ease. A friendly smile is planted firmly upon her lips as she too offers a name. Tang. Fitting. Nova cannot help but to smile warmly at the bubbly girl for she knew instantly that the two could become fast friends. Tang bounces straight into her invitation, an action that Nova had only heard of. She had been born into her family's kingdom of Paraiso and rarely ventured far from it. Recruiting new members and inviting others to join the herd had been a task left mainly to her father and brother. They had tried to explain it to her from time to time and she got the gist of it, enough to know that this was what Tang was doing now.

She lets her gaze drift to Ivar now, the warm smile still firmly planted upon her ash dusted lips as now she lets her own soft lilted tenor warm despite the biting winter cold that surround them. "Ivar" she speaks, her soft blue gaze turning briefly to Tang as again she repeats the name, "Tang", testing each syllable upon her tongue before beginning again. "My name is Nova Star, but my family calls me Nova." she begins again, pausing a moment to let her words settle between them before beginning again with a gentle flick of her tail. "As you assumed," she says, pausing to offer Ivar a coy smile, "I am new here. To Beqanna as you call it. My family lives far beyond these ocean shores in a land surrounded by high mountains. It is a place that has seen many generations of my family line.... But after father passed, I wanted to see more." she explained, pausing now to stare once more at Ivar's unusal scales. Curiosity overtakes her now as a single raven dial flickers, "Do they keep you warm? I've never seen another with such a strange coat as yourself." she remarks before blinking back shyly, thankful that her dark coat prevented any form of blush from appearing upon her cheeks. "Forgive me if my words offend you. No doubt my parents are rolling in their graves for my lack of etiquette." she adds with a nervous chuckle.

She turns back to Tang now, her gentle smile resurfacing at the sight of the bubbly mare's eager smile. "Your kingdom sounds lovely indeed and perhaps my travels will find me venturing there..." she says, her soft blue eyes and kind smile turning back to Ivar. "What about you Ivar? Do you live in this Hy-a-line kingdom too?"
    Nova Star
    show them the joy and the pain, and the ending to come;
    pic courtesy of FINTRON @ DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
    You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM