• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    There is no peaceful silence, not anymore. When she walks, she can hear the grass break underneath her. Ash muffles her footsteps and the wind carries the stench of death. Hyaline cries underfoot as she walks from one hill to another. There is nothing left, nothing that she can remember. It had been so green and so lush. The lake rippled and the birds sang from dusk until dawn. When she first saw Hyaline, it was beautiful, but it’s now a shadow of its former glory.

The crackling of grass beneath her pauses when she notices looming figures in the distance. She had not expected company, but alas, the other lands did not know about the destruction that laid waste. They may have seen the orange flames licking the sky, but no one came to Hyaline’s aid. It wasn’t until morning that Nayl arrived with Djinni to see what had happened. Since then, she has been wandering the hillside to observe how she can help, if at all.

With an idle, sideways glance Nayl expects to see Amet soon enough, but she takes prerogative in meeting these strangers at the gate of her subkingdom while it flails beneath the devastation.

”Poor timing for a political meeting,” she mutters when she reaches them, her fiery eyes flickering among them, ”As you can see, Hyaline is rather… occupied.” In the pit of her heart, she failed them, but she doesn’t admit to this. No, instead she looks away wondering where Brennen had gone, where he has been that he offered no protection for the children’s home. While rage burrows into her soul, Nayl only mirrors an eerie stillness toward these strangers while waiting for the others to join them.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-06-2017, 08:52 AM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Nayl - 07-06-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM