• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Molotov acts as nice as Amet can truly expect her to be -- the flame kissed mare is fiery and stubborn, but he still frowns at her as she flicks her tail across the broad chest of Warrick's companion. No, in fact, it was not nice, his mind snaps back at her. The leather-plated stallion is on edge, and while his expression is friendly, his heart pitter patters far too quickly for what could be considered healthy. He releases a quiet sigh as he halts before them and shifts to bump his shoulder apologetically into Molotov's when she rounds him.

She shouts 'thief!' in his head and the gilded stallion nearly grimaces, but is able to find his composure just as their conversation advances onto Offspring's introduction. He nods his head appreciatively at the other King's condolences, scales gleaming in the winter sun, and then finds that he is being rocked back, an involuntary step, at the black stallion's confession.

Amet, now feeling positively gut-punched, loses handle on his nihilism, albeit for a moment. But after a shaky exhale, the young stallion is able to lay the invisible blanket over the congregation once more, just in time to turn his attention and gaze to Nayl. She is a spitting cobra, and it is enough to distract Amet from his own surprise. Levi. She is lashing vehemently at Offspring, Amet's ears fluttering backwards to rest with uncertainty upon the scales at his crest. He wants to be angry like Nayl, just to feel how it feels, but the golden king can only picture Him each time the anger bubbles in his chest. It makes way for sorrow, for disappointment, and Amet's chest is heavy with both.

Molotov is yelling in his mind, bringing his thoughts to Tang even though Nayl is still speaking to Offspring. He can hear the way she screamed that night, he can see the way Levi's fire had lashed out at her legs. Amet can feel the anger now, and he dislikes it.

The Akhal-Teke turns his amber eyes to Warrick, searching for... anything. But his gaze is not met, and Amet is left to wonder, fleetingly, if the navy-pointed stallion had known this when he'd run across Beqanna to Tephra. No, Amet scolds himself, he would have told you.

When, finally, the King of Hyaline returns his amber eyes to Offspring and Nayl has turned her attention to him, he finds his voice, and is pleased that it is surprisingly confident. "I would like for Levi," he keeps himself from spitting the name, but there is a certain amount of terseness in his voice, "to assist in finding someone with the magic to restore Hyaline." Amet pauses, contemplating what he would like to add so that he may protect Tang, but also leave the door open for future diplomatic conversations with Tephra.

"And when Tang visits Warrick in Tephra with their children," he turns his eyes to the winged stallion so that his friend knows there is no bad blood between them, "he will leave her and the twins alone. I want her to feel safe enough to visit, despite the fact that her attacker lives there." He hadn't known, at first, that Levi had been the Lost Boy to injure Tang. But after Molotov had worked her magic, Amet knew that Levi was the flamethrower.

I trust that he will do us no harm, he finally offers back to his telepathic companion.

And then, "Thank you. I have great respect for you coming to tell me this." A different route, perhaps, than he had originally considered immediately following the attack.

You are young, Amet, but perhaps we will make a diplomat out of you.
    Amet

@[Offspring] @[Warrick] @[Nayl] @[Molotov]

Messages In This Thread
    you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-06-2017, 08:52 AM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Amet - 07-20-2017, 10:18 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM