• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bury pearls in the country; any
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    At most, I'm sleeping all these demons away...

This mare had come down a long and winding road. She wore her story like a coat. She was scared, flighty, nervous, despite the great power she had. Instantly Jah-Lilah's heart hurt for her. Upon closer inspection, there was a mark upon her rump, a deep burn. A brand? Jah-Lilah recoiled internally, she knew the pain that it entailed. She shook her head and snorted, trying to shake her own memories away. Jah-Lilah had felt fire long ago. Her travels had took her through a series of cliffs, where unbeknownst to her, a dragon still lived. A whole can of them, actually. They had been red, so red they made rubies pale in comparison. They were not nearly as aggressive as she had heard, with the exception of their Queen. Jah and her small band of companions had stumbled upon her nest, complete with hatchlings. My redbone knew she was only protecting her young, but it had took the better part of a year for Jah's hair to grow back and her burn to heal. No, she would never wish that pain upon anyone.

She edged closer, speaking softly. "I'm alright." She exhales, wuffing quietly. She speaks, but doesn't look at the ghostly girl. Her gaze is trained on the moving body of water. "I don't know what you're searching for, but it's not in that water. I think you know that though. What are you searching for?" Jah-Lilah asked curiously, always more obnoxious and intruding than she meant to be. She turned back to look at the mare, emerald eyes looking to meet her amber ones.

...Your ghost, the ghost of you it keeps me awake.

Messages In This Thread
    bury pearls in the country; any - by Cordis - 07-08-2017, 01:54 PM
    RE: bury pearls in the country; any - by Cordis - 07-08-2017, 04:34 PM
    RE: bury pearls in the country; any - by Cordis - 07-09-2017, 06:52 PM
    RE: bury pearls in the country; any - by Jah-Lilah - 07-11-2017, 09:59 AM
    RE: bury pearls in the country; any - by Cordis - 07-16-2017, 01:06 PM