• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos
    I snort and grin, glancing over at Roma out of the corner of my eye. “That’s my girl. Sounds fucking phenomenal. That’s one thing I can’t really do. I can make myself some fancy, shiny wings if I want to, but they’re all for show. Sure as hell can’t lift me, not when I’m solid metal all the way through. Maybe if I’d had ‘em when the world stripped away magic, I could’ve tried it out.” I shrug lazily, not especially concerned. Sure, it’d be fun and exciting to give it a shot, but it’s not exactly gonna eat away at me that I can’t. “Maybe someday, anyhow.”

I bump my shoulder against hers, just a quick little nudge. “Responsible’s just another word for boring, right? If it fires your blood, makes your heart beat faster, makes you feel alive, why not spread your wings and fly on a night when the air’s almost vibrating with energy? Hasn’t killed you yet, right? Long as it doesn’t break your wings or get you--wait, how does the flesh thing work with lightning? Not a good combination, right? Still, I bet it’s a fucking rush.”

Lightning, that’s a fun one. Definitely wouldn’t volunteer to take her out on the water during that, but maybe next time we’ve got weather like this. This time, though, I meant what I said about staying put. It feels good just standing next to her, talking about the weather of all things. And about the fun to be had during a good storm.

“So tell me then, babe,” I say, reaching over to play with her hair some more, to lip at a stray strand. “How’s our lovely Ischia treating you? By the looks of things, very well indeed.” A hint of a smirk, a playful little nudge to her neck. “Island life looks good on you. I love that you’re here. Kali does too. How are you doing, though?” Are you happy? I’ve kept an ear out for any word of her family, any hint of even one of them, but I’m not about to tell her that unless I hear something. And so far, not a peep.

Hopefully someday, though. Soon. I can’t even imagine how much it must hurt not knowing. Breaks my heart that she’s going through it, but at least I can make sure she doesn’t go through it alone.
    Superman got nothin' on me

Messages In This Thread
    I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
    RE: I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Kerberos - 07-19-2017, 03:49 PM