• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos
    “Ohhh, I’m guessing it’s different for me. Fucking fantastic, really, hell of a rush. I mean there’s a bit of snap crackle pop, and I don’t come out of it looking quite as pretty, but nothing I can’t fix, and damn but it’s fun.” That much energy coursing through you, a jolt from the sky into the sea or the earth itself, passing straight through your body, nothing compares.

I angle my head just a little, baring my throat for her. “Mmm...I’m glad you’re doing well, babe. Glad you’re enjoying the island, gladder still you stayed.” I smile and nuzzle her cheek, a soft little brush of my nose against that lovely expanse of blue. Mmm, and lingered a little longer to press my lips there while she talked, while she mentioned how great Kali is.

Truuuue.

“Mmhmm. That kid of mine, she’s pretty fantastic. Loves you just as hard, too. Lights right up when she talks about you. ‘Daddy, me and Roma went exploring today, guess what we found!’ and she’s off on a twenty minute tale of your latest escapades. I love it. Eat up every word, too. Makes me happy to see her so happy.”

But then she pulls away, and there’s something unsettling in her voice when she speaks again, looking over her shoulder with those gorgeous gold eyes. I frown, joining her in the water and pressing a quiet little kiss to her the crook of her neck just above her shoulder. “Well,” I answer slowly, considering. “I know my family pretty well, of course. We aren’t the only ones here, though, and I don’t know the others so well. Ea and a couple of her kids, she’s the former leader. Kylin brought home a friend, and has a couple of visitors now and again. And there are a few randos that have turned up looking for a place to stay. Why, babe? What’s on your mind?”
    Superman got nothin' on me

Messages In This Thread
    I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
    RE: I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Kerberos - 07-29-2017, 04:20 PM