• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    CHAPTER TWO: the journey ahead [round two]
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes" rel="stylesheet"><center><div style="width: 550px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 5px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #5d3b1a;box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="width: 540px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 10px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #110901; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="font-family: 'Great Vibes', cursive; font-size: 40px; color: #e4c2a1;margin-top: 60px;padding-left: 125px;align:center; opacity: 0.7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #281501, 0 0 10px #281501, 0 0 10px #9b7958;">Jah-Lilah</div><div style="font-family: 'Georgia',serif; font-size: 10px; color:#e4c2a1;padding-left:135px;padding-top: -10px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #000,0px 0px 10px #fff;font-style:italic;opacity: .5;">someday, we will foresee obstacles</div><div style="width: 500px;margin-top: 210px;margin-left: 10px;margin-right: 10px; padding: 10px;font-family: Times;color: #c2a07f; opacity: .76; font-size: 12px; line-height: 140%; text-align: justify;background-color:#1e1001;border-top: 5px solid #5d3b1a;border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;"><I>If you want it, you can have it.</I>

Jah-Lilah scrambled further into the once-comforting forest, eyes rolling in a panic she was desperately trying to suppress. She could barely breathe. The heavy weight of the absolute darkness was smothering. She tried to focus her newly-replaced vision, but something was off again. She couldn't see anything now, even as she ducked and dodged around trees it was all from memory. 

<I>If you need it, we will make it all alright.</I>

She could barely breathe. As she tried to swing her body 'round a tree, she cut it too close. Something touched her. Her skin shuddered involuntarily and she bolts right. She can't see what it is, she only knows what she felt. Slimy, sticky, something like ooze sliding against her shoulder. What in the actual fuck was that, Jah? She can't focus on that right now. She can barely make out the trees ahead, and that's when it catches her eye. Something was there, this was no bad trip. She freezes, body locked in fear for a split-second. This was getting too real too fast for the marrow-red mare.

<I>I said if you wanted it, you could have it.</I>

Something touched her. Now she knew what had left that mire on the bark of the redwood. It was a great, lumbering thing. A deep red heart beat in the center of an amber outline. Infrared vision, she realized, was all that remained of her once-perfect eyesight. She almost wished she couldn't see at all. It's body contorted in strange, unnatural ways that made her physically ill. She tried to stay calm, but was finding it increasingly difficult. She then witnessed something that made her blood run cold the beast had vanished. 

<I>Are you awake? Because it's creepin'.</I>

She almost wished she couldn't see at all. She wasted no time in bounding for what she thought was the way through the timbers. She couldn't get the thing out of her mind, she'd never seen anything like it. What was that? Was that just a twig snapping? Shhhhhh, be quiet now. <b>What. Was. That.</b> Even in her deepest nightmares, she couldn't remember seeing anything whose shaped matched the beast's. It clearly had the upper hand, the way in melted seamlessly into the blackness. She was in it's element, and she thought it best to get her round ass outta there.

<I>It's gon' find you, gon' catch you sleeping.</I>

Shhhhhh, be quiet now. She knew it, weighty, deliberate steps trailing her. The beast had no sense of urgency, no sense of secrecy. It was unafraid, wanted her to know it was stalking her, hunting her. She can no longer contain it and lets loose a cry in alarm. The warmth on her side, the drool along her flank, it tips her over the edge. She shies away, lashing out with her hind legs upon her retreat. Jah-Lilah didn't know the first thing about combat. She had always been a wytch, a magicker. She was good at strategizing and planning, but not physical warfare. She tears away as quickly as the fog of darkness will allow her, seeking any kind of sanctuary from her pursuer.

<I><b>STAY WOKE.</I></b>  
    </div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: CHAPTER TWO: the journey ahead [round two] - by Jah-Lilah - 07-13-2017, 01:20 PM