• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all my fragile strength is gone - Nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    The beach has become her weakness, almost. It croons to her now in a way the Jungle once had. It isn’t the cliff or the sand dunes that attract her to its bosom, but the lull of the waves. There is a peacefulness that enables her to meditate on most days when Isobell is wandering and exploring the miles of expansive scenery Nerine has to offer.

But there is something different following the current today. Nayl blinks slowly and when her eyes open again she sees Djinni in the crash of the waves, the water rising and falling at her sides. She doesn’t move from her place, not to reach Nayl on the cliffside, and so the Queen descends down to her. The path isn’t too far away and she meticulously winds down it until the rocks soften into sand and the cliff she had proudly stood upon becomes a reaching wall behind her. A brief glance is spared back over her shoulder to see the caves that are often frequented by other members, but today the beach is barren.

There is only the two of them.

”Djinni,” she says as she looms like a cloud toward the shore, stopping when the water laps at her hooves. ”Long time no see, my friend.” And she smiles, because she is one of the few who can trigger a response like this from the iron-fisted Queen. She inches further into the tide, watching as the foam slithers around her legs. It roars ahead where the waves rise, but hisses as it recedes from the sand. Nayl listens closely to the world around her before training her fiery eyes back on the genie, stopping as the water kisses her elbows. ”Do you come with plans, ideas, or friendly conversation?” Her voice is light and curious, her gaze bright underneath the sun.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all my fragile strength is gone - Nayl - by Nayl - 08-20-2017, 03:49 PM