• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - brine

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Though he’d whickered a summons, she doesn’t come. Ivar watches as she startles at the sound of his voice, intrigued at the way the water seeps between her feathers and seems to weigh her down.

“Mind if I join you for a swim?” He asks with a tilt of his head.

Despite his request for permission though, he does not wait for it. Ivar steps forward, his white-stockinged forelegs disappearing beneath the cool water, followed by his matte black chest and the glitter of opalescent white scales across his withers. His head remains above water, treading across the blackwater drop off with ease. He feels the tug of the water, but swimming has always come easy to him.

Though he crosses the river, Ivar does not presume to approach any closer without an invitation. He wades a litter farther toward the shore, until the water is lapping against his chest and belly, but doesn’t come closer to the blue mare. He does look at her though, tracing the pattern of feathers across her coat with open admiration.

“Was your mother a bluebird or something?” he asks her when his brown eyes finally return to her face. The question is startling, and rather far from the typical inquiry of a stranger. Still, the way he asks is as inoffensive as he can manage, a lighthearted query that matches the bright grin growing on his pale and handsome face.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - brine - by Ivar - 07-15-2017, 03:24 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - brine - by Brine - 07-20-2017, 01:58 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - brine - by Ivar - 07-26-2017, 05:08 PM