• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    CHAPTER THREE: the price we pay [round three]
    <b>AuroraElis</b>, you have been eliminated. You stumbled upon an unseen portal after entering the poisonous gas at the top of the mountain and were teleported back to Beqanna. For one real life month, your character will be covered in pus-filled boils from head to hoof, after which you can decide whether any scarring occurred as a result. Better luck next time.

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC" rel="stylesheet"><center><style> .underneathborder {background-color: #1e2d31; width: 600px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000;} .underneathcontainer {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/d3qYZ4Z.png'); width: 590px; height: 357px;transition: 1s;transition-timing-function: linear;} .underneathbackground {background-color: #000; width: 590px;border-radius: 200px 200px 0px 0px;} #underneathmessage {width: 550px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12pt; font-size: 12px;margin-bottom: 20px; color: #a9b0a6;opacity: .95;} #underneathquote {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Alegreya SC', serif; text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 14px; color: #7c928e;background-color: #1e2d31; line-height: 10pt; text-shadow: -1px 1px 10px #000, 1px 1px 5px #000;transition: 1s;} #underneathquote:hover {color: #000;background-color: #587f7f; letter-spacing: 10px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000;}</style><div class="underneathborder"><div class="underneathbackground"><div class="underneathcontainer"></div><div id="underneathquote">The Underneath: The Hills</div><div id="underneathmessage">
    And suddenly, you are no longer at the top of a mountain, nor in the deep, depths of a forest.

In the blink of an eye, you are <i>elsewhere</i> - standing in an open clearing, with roving hilltops and thick clusters of pine trees, but there is no light to illuminate the sky – there is no sun to break through the thick, encroaching darkness, and the silence is deafening. The stillness is unnerving, and for a moment, it is almost as if time has stopped – ceasing to exist in a world where nothing felt as it should, where nothing seemed as it would – but in the distance, there is a faint glow. Two, beady eyes of gleaming red, standing out starkly amid the shadows – blinking slowly.

Even if you cannot <i>see</i> it, you can feel it. There is one pair, and then two. And then three.

And slowly, the darkness is consumed by small, watchful eyes, boring into you. 

If you have come from the mountain, your lungs are heavy and burdened with a sticky substance – the glowing orb had not been kind, and it lured you into a suffocating poisonous gas, stirring a scattering of boils to rise from the surface of your flesh – but it had offered you passage – it brought you <i>here</i>.

If you have come from the forest, you have not escaped unscathed. The beast that has sought you for its prey has left its mark, and still, it is hunting for you – <i>it is always hunting for you</i>. Though it is no longer a physical presence, reaching for you, grabbing for you, it is now in your mind – its snarl, its growl echoing in your mind, unnerving you and rattling you within your own skin. Its breath is across your skin, setting your nerves on fire. A paranoia will set in, slowly but surely. <i>It has left its mark.</i>

<i>The hills have eyes</i>, and oh, how they <i>long</i> for you! There is no turning back now – a thick, and immovable boundary lay behind you, and there is nothing before you but the unknown. You must venture towards the river, towards the north where a crystalline lake should reveal itself to you.

You are not alone.
    But you must carry on.
    </div></div></div></center>
    • You are in Loess, and must venture to the north to Hyaline.
    • The hills have eyes. It is up to you to decide what these mysterious eyes are attached to. These creatures must be described, must cause some sort of physical damage, and the character must find a way to creatively get past them or destroy them. 
    • End your post with your character venturing over the hills and seeing the lake for the first time.
    For future reference: 

As clearly stated in the initial post, dragon vision is <b>always</b> activated in the Underneath <i>unless</i> otherwise mentioned (i.e. the Forest deactivated it temporarily; the Mountain did not). Failure to incorporate it in future posts will result in immediate elimination. As Atrani is eyeless, she will receive a pass for not incorporating it into her response.

You have until 12PM PST on July 20th to reply.

Messages In This Thread
    CHAPTER THREE: the price we pay [round three] - by The Underneath - 07-17-2017, 10:21 AM