• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the crow flies straight | birthing, anyone
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    ”Another one?” Nayl’s lips pull back into a taut smile when she sees City recovering from the vulnerability of child birth. Her body is hot, slick with sweat, but kissed by the salty, ocean air. The cave, curtained by a waterfall, offers protection and a shield from prying eyes, but there is little that Nayl doesn’t know in Nerine. She is ever observant, but her magic stretches far beyond her eyes can see and she lets her world whisper into her ears.

Is that how she knew City had tucked herself away so neatly?

It doesn’t matter now, does it? Not while she stands at the entrance of the cave with the light of the waterfall and sun at her back, misting her skin and placing droplets along her mane that sparkle like diamonds. ”Two lovely daughters,” she had arrived shortly after Oleandar’s birth, and now she has arrived for this winged newborn. Perhaps Nayl unconsciously enjoys watching potential daughters being born that could join her forces in the days ahead. Unfortunately, as she peers down at the onyx newborn, she can only think of her reign ending before this child can rise to the occasion.

Shrugging her shoulders, she looks over to City. ”Her name?” What is the name of this girl born into a warrior’s family? ”I imagine it would be something strong. I would expect no less from her mother that disobeys orders so she can fight with the boys.” And she chuckles, visually amused by City’s efforts, but also rather impressed.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the crow flies straight | birthing, anyone - by Nayl - 08-20-2017, 03:23 PM