• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    CHAPTER FIVE: the darkest depth [final round]
    Congratulations – there will be no elimination this round.
    You have all intrigued me enough to keep you.
    Only three will make it to the end. Make it good.

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC" rel="stylesheet"><center><style> .underneathborder {background-color: #194141; width: 510px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000;} .underneathcontainer {background-image:url('https://68.media.tumblr.com/182f3ab07d67c1278ac359c0e97ab158/tumblr_obvdpbsChN1skf31oo1_500.gif'); width: 500px; height: 290px;transition: 1s;transition-timing-function: linear;} .underneathbackground {background-color: #000; width: 500px;border-radius: 200px 200px 0px 0px;} #underneathmessage {width: 450px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12pt; font-size: 12px;margin-bottom: 20px; color: #a9b0a6;opacity: .95;} #underneathquote {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Alegreya SC', serif; text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 14px; color: #7c928e;background-color: #194141; line-height: 10pt; text-shadow: -1px 1px 10px #000, 1px 1px 5px #000;transition: 1s;} #underneathquote:hover {color: #000;background-color: #587f7f; letter-spacing: 5px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000;}</style><div class="underneathborder"><div class="underneathbackground"><div class="underneathcontainer"></div><div id="underneathquote">The Underneath: The Darkest Depth</div><div id="underneathmessage">As the mist slips away into the ether, parting to each side and drifting towards the fading edges of the shore, there is an unveiling of a loved one, a friend – oneself; it does not matter. Each representation is different from one to the next. Motionless and still, its eyes bore into you – its familiarity eerie and disconcerting, though it lures you ever closer to it. The song is soft and subtle, slowly fading into an oblivion, as the creature before you (<i>as whomever it has glamoured itself to appear to you as</i>) bores into you with its deep and soulful eyes – an inky blackness to them, unlike anything ever seen before, living or dead. 

The air is still, and softly, it whispers to you –

<i>Come to me, don’t be frightened –</i>

Oh, but you are!
    The once quiet and still water has begun to move beneath you, but still you do not fall into it. The waters churn and pull into a riptide so unnatural for a body of fresh water, but had anything been natural at all in this hellish nightmare? A frothing seafoam erupts from the beneath you, lapping eagerly at your long legs, attempting to drag you beneath into its watery depths. 

The creature before you is changing, shifting - <i>transforming</i>, and suddenly it is nothing like what you have perceived! With long, jagged teeth extending from its altogether equine muzzle, lips parted and curled back in a gaping snarl, it has begun to reshape itself – its four legs become only two, with a thick, coiled tail emerging where its haunches had been. Its front legs reshape themselves into pale, gangly appendages (<i>arms, with long, gangling fingers, reaching</i>) and before you can process what has happened, its grimy fingernails are clawing at you.

With a great, ringing shriek, it is pulling you closer, attempting to drown you in the great, wild churning sea it has created.

A surge of power you never knew you possessed emerges from the depth of your soul –
    You must use it to fight it; you must resist it – you must shed its blood and end it.

Or it will take you to the deepest, darkest depths of the loch, never to be heard from again.
    </div></div></div></center>
    • This is it: the final round.
    • The siren has lured you in with imagery of the vision you long for most – but as you move closer, you realize it is not at all what you thought. The siren is lunging for you, attempting to drown you – you must fight it off, you must find a way to defeat it, or risk drowning and drifting to the bottom of the lake.
    • This is your time to be creative and set yourself apart: for this round, your character is capable of any <b>ONE</b> ability. Pyrokinesis, mind reading, bone-bending, you name it. No “magic” – that is too generic. Let this ability represent them – their demons, their past, their present, their future – make it represent who they are. Make it matter. You may also use your other abilities too. Make an OOC note at the end of your post as to which ability you used, in case there is any confusion.
    • Defeat the siren, and end the post with your character finding their way back to shore, whatever the cost.
    You have until <b>July 28th</b> at <b>5pm PST</b> to reply.

Messages In This Thread
    CHAPTER FIVE: the darkest depth [final round] - by The Underneath - 07-25-2017, 05:01 PM