• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offspring

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

They seem to sense each other’s walls, timid pokes and prods to see how thick the mortar was. if it was even capable of falling. Neither seem certain of letting go very quickly. ”You would be right.” Already chasing images of Lion from her head, not allowing him to taint this moment. Not today. ”I’ve always preferred quality over quantity myself.”

She had no sooner lowered herself into the murky waters that suddenly they are joined by another. It’s clear by the way they look at each other that they are quite familiar with each other. She is silent, golden eyes observing and revealing nothing. Inside she feels awkward, sensing that intimacy that they must have shared. It was not unlike the day she had found Slaide in the arms of the red haired Coralee. This time her heart doesn’t shatter but it does retract, retreating further into it’s already dark cave. A soft sigh threatens to leave her lips but she presses them firmly together. Offspring was still a shadowed mystery to her, there was no feelings only tentative questions. However she would not let herself be a third wheel for a third time.

They seem to gaze at each other for a minute or two, enough to make her snap her tail against her haunches as she removes herself partly from the water which they had only recently slipped into. On cue, the mare looks at her. And says her name. And something else she didn’t expect. It’s like a dagger to the gut, she wasn’t expecting Cross’s name to come up so quickly despite the recent mention of lost families. There’s had been a rocky father-daughter bond, a relationship she was still sorting through despite his many years of death.

Before she can even ask anything further, she has already turned away. For a moment she thinks about calling out to her but stops. Conversations about Cross with Offsprings…. Whatever she was… Were best done somewhere else. At a different time.

The narrowed cat like gaze falls now on him, his brow furrowed and his expression dark. The rising waves of a stormy sea. There’s an apology on his lips and she’s already shaking her head slightly. ”I know.” Comes her soft reply. Suddenly he has moved closer, pushing back wild strands of strayed forelock. Her whole body coils slightly but she doesn’t flinch although inside her body wants nothing more than shutter itself against him. Surprisingly she feels a stoke of flame in a place she had long thought impossible. His lips are murmuring against her neck and her gaze is hard glints of gold as they look unwaveringly into his heated ones. ”I’ll hold you to that Offspring.” A whispered voice layered with the unsaid words sparking between them.

As soon as he turns, her wings have spread and without another thought she launches to the sky. She has much to think on during the trip home.

Messages In This Thread
    Offspring - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 07-27-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Reagan - 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 08:21 PM