• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ any
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    Her mind doesn’t allow her to stop long enough to think about this, like she normally would, but he is so kind-hearted. If she had allowed herself any moment of reflection, her mind would draw her to the question of why would he be so nice, what he wants from her, why did he seek her out? For Merida, she cannot fathom that it could actually be possible for someone to be genuinely interested in learning about her for the sake of learning about her, you know, as a friend. Intentions are always acidic in her experience, but she is enjoying his presence too much. His candor and quiet excitement for meeting her, that she cannot pause for even one second to dwell on the idea that, quite normally, she would be spitting venom and ruining any chances of a great first impression.

Perhaps it is his youth, an innocence that has brought out another side in Merida, a side that has not been seen in years, that had quietly departed the moment she could not find her children nor her family, and has been dormant until this wolf-boy, this Crevan, had begun to feed the nearly dead and dying embers.

Loess. It is beautiful, she’ll admit. She’s not one for kings and queens and royals and ‘your highness’, but the place she has found herself calling home is quite lovely – she cannot ignore that. Of course, she’s rarely any help around the small, hilly land when it came to ‘kingdom duties’ that were expected of her – but her queen had yet to throw her out because of her lack of enthusiasm, so the black and red mare (or the black and red fox) continues to stay there.

He describes it perfectly and she listens intently, lazily rolling onto her back with her tiny front paws tucked in close to her white chest. Suddenly his description is not so accurate, and with concern she rolls onto her stomach, her one foreleg tucked beneath her and the other outstretched, her tiny and delicate head at a tilt. “What have you seen there?” She presses cautiously, her burning red eyes boring into him curiously.

“Killed?” she repeats after a few moments, bringing her chin to her chest in a soft sort of shock. The idea had never crossed her mind before, though now with it there in her thoughts, she swallows hard the hunger that now rolls in her belly and salivates her tongue. “No, I haven’t…” she trails off, though her voice is that of intrigue, and not disgust.

She grins at him now, a toothy grin with shining canines, throwing her black snout upwards in a prideful prowess as a slight yip leaves her black-lined lips. “I’ve always done as I pleased,” she admits with a slight glimmer in her ember-like eyes, “but as a fox, it is certainly much easier! I’m sure that the fact I don’t breathe fire keeps me pretty inconspicuous as well.” She laughs now, heartfelt and deep in her chest, her dark nose wrinkling as she did so.  

@[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ any - by Merida - 09-01-2017, 03:45 PM