• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You flee my dream come morning [Any]
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet forgets their surroundings as he gazes worriedly at the mare, amber eyes alight and searching. He offers her the entirety of his attention now that he's sure she hasn't been followed into the stronghold of Hyaline, and even the grainy shoreline that presses into his leather-plated knees is lost on the Dragon king. You should see the other guy, the tattered mare quips with a small, hoarse cough. Amet chuckles, his ears fluttering forward and his face relaxing (though not entirely) as his amber eyes connect with her silver ones.

"Is the other guy still alive?" he questions light-heartedly in an effort to keep her from gazing back at her own injuries. They continue to seep blood, and he can see the tendrils of crimson that extend from beneath her smoky black frame and into the moist sand and shallow waters beneath her. His frown returns, marring his handsome gilded face, as she questions where she is. "You're in Hyaline," he offers immediately, "and my name is Amet." The Akhal-Teke shifts in the sand so that his weight is on his hind hip and his forelegs are extended before him, dark hooves digging into the sand as he regards the nameless mare with a mixture of disquiet and amusement (though it's difficult to tell which is most prevalent).

"Do you need me to bring you somewhere to get help? Do you want me to go get help?" He pauses succinctly. "Or, you know, you can stay here until you are better, if you want. Hyaline is safe," he says offhandedly with an apologetic grin for his ramblings, and then finally realizes that she hadn't told him what had happened, or even what to call her.

"Should I make up a name for you?"
    Amet

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    You flee my dream come morning [Any] - by Ciri - 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM
    RE: You flee my dream come morning [Any] - by Amet - 08-20-2017, 04:56 PM