• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You flee my dream come morning [Any]
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Battered and quite obviously fatigued, the smokey black mare seems to drift in and out of their conversation. Amet is patient with her the same way he'd been patient with Sakir when the Dragon King's younger brother had followed he and Iset to Beqanna - there is no rush, after all, now that she has found her way into Hyaline. The young stallion has to suppress the pride that swells like a balloon in his muscled chest that she would feel safe remaining in his care after what was, it would seem, an incredibly traumatic experience.

It had been a little less than a year ago that the crystalline lake and its boundaries had been invaded and, admittedly, much less safe. His amber eyes glance away from the mare and to the treeline, just as they usually do whenever memories of the attack flutter jarringly through his mind. Hyaline is safe now, Amet reminds himself. And then his amber eyes are back on her silver ones, his pleasant and caring smile never once quavering.

She whispers his name and the gilded stallion nods in response, a snort of mock affront escaping flared nostrils at her pleasantries. "On second thought..." he quips carefully, before giving her a quiet chuckle, "Of course I don't mind. What kind of animal would I be if I tossed you out in this condition? Stay as long as you'd like. I hope Hyaline comes to feel like home," Amet offers quietly with the intention that revealing a hope of his will make her feel less... exposed.

"Ciri," he says with a smile, as he rests his leather-plated head upon his extended forelegs and she lowers hers against the mud, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Are you sure you don't need me to go find a healer? I'm no professional, but those cuts probably don't feel the best..."
    Amet

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    You flee my dream come morning [Any] - by Ciri - 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM
    RE: You flee my dream come morning [Any] - by Amet - 09-06-2017, 05:29 PM